I may have to start cheering for Iowa.

Jeffrey Scott

Sep 28, 2017
That is a tired, backhanded compliment. Disrespectful even. A true rival wishes no good fortune upon their sworn enemy. Do you think Auburn fans EVER root for Alabama? Do Buckeyes ever cheer for Wolverines? Are 'Noles fans enjoying Miami's return to prominence?

The answer is hell no. Never. **** that. Go Buckeyes. Please hang 70 on the Ferentz asshats and their fickle bandwagon fans. May the scoreboard read 35-0 by the end of the 1st quarter so the Buckeyes can wave to the children with sincerity in their hearts and a smile on their faces.
You are correct, and I let them know how patronizing that sounds. In spite of all of the years of frustration and those 15 straight years of losses to those guys, I stayed the course and true to ISU. Today, I'm very proud to be a loyal ISU fan and a season ticket holder in the Sukup End Zone. Those guys want to sit with me when Iowa's in town, but I only buy 1 ticket so they have to sit elsewhere. THAT is satisfaction.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Jesus guys. There's plenty of other games other than this weekend to cheer against Ohio State. I want to see them lose too, but not this Saturday.
But...
ngvZTK.gif

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I'm torn. I root for 2 teams - ISU and who ever is playing Iowa. My youngest has even been giving me a hard time about "who ever is playing Iowa" - "Dad, that's not a team!" As time goes on, I think I'm becoming more indifferent to TOE. Who cares if they win against a mostly garbage slate, and get hammered by the few teams they play that actually have a pulse?

But in my universe, tOSU has done more to harm ISU. I blame Woody Hayes for ruining ISU football when he punched that kid and they hired Earl Bruce away. Further salt in the wound was hiring Dirty 30 team member, John Cooper (I know he was still salty about ISU's admin blocking his hire way back when, because he didn't have HC experience or some such nonsense...) Almost like Auburn more recently has been into getting the best from ISU (Chiz then Leath), tOSU was once big on getting ISU's best. Even more recently getting Herman as OC. I can't stand the Buckeyes.

So I'm rooting for tOSU to lose by 1. 3-2, Hawks.

Other odd Cooper rumor I remember: spring of 1999 or 2000, rumor was going around campus that Mac was going to be let go because Cooper wanted to revive ISU. Doubt there was much weight to it, but yeah. It's like when my mom called the Chiz hire after half of '06 KU game, before Mac even resigned, "I just talked to someone on the concourse that says we're hiring the defense guy from Texas." Mom didn't follow FB closely, went to games to spend time with family, must have actually talked to someone with connections...

TLDNR;

I would hardly call Chizik ISU’s best...

Reactions: dunar

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Unfortunately this is true, even though I throw up in my mouth a little every time I even think about it, the best scenario for Iowa State is if Iowa starts winning. First, it helps our strength of schedule and quality loss situation. Second, Ohio State losing and Wisconsin losing is good for Iowa State and the rest of the Big 12 moving forward. Now I have to go wash my mouth out with soap for saying that. :eek::eek::eek:

• Winner
Reactions: Yellow Snow

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I can't believe what I'm ****ing hearing. tOSU and Wisconsin can lose in the next few weeks. This week, tOSU needs to pound Iowa into submision and embarrass themm in front of their home crowd. Anything less would be a huge dissappointment.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Nobody is talking about TOE, and after Saturday, well, nobody will even care.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
how about if Iowa takes them into overtime and then OSU wins on a controversial call? Or beat tOSU and loose out?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
On second thought, I want Iowa to lose both of these games by at least 70 pts. I can't take thinking anything else.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
I'm disappointed to hear so much negativity here. Afterall, what would you do to see Iowa State in the College Football Playoffs? Would you cheer for the Hawkeyes so they could add a second loss to Ohio State? I would. I mean, how hard could it be to say to your Hok lovin' buddies, "Hey, I'm rooting for the Hawks over Ohio State this weekend."
Their response, "You are? Are you sure you're feeling OK?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. But Iowa State needs you guys to hand OSU another loss, right? So Oklahoma beat Ohio State on the road, right? And your Hawkeyes beat us in overtime on the road, right? And you already know that my Cyclones beat Oklahoma on the road, so I figure the least the Hawks can do is beat Ohio State AT HOME! RIGHT?"

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
True story. Once again Hawk fans provide yet another quality child teaching moment in our household.

We're at a basketball tournament. My son and I are watching the Cyclone game on a big screen TV in the lunch room. Enter missed field goal. Hawkeye sweatshirts start cheering. Smirks like they just won. My 13 year old looks at me and drops the "WTF" look at me. I frown and shake my head. After the clinching interception, the same Hawk fans walk away disgruntled and borderline angry, lunch room empties quickly and quietly. My son turns to me and says "I dont get it Dad, hawk fans always say "But we cheer for Iowa State when they dont play Iowa."

I respond: "That's one of biggest differences between Iowa and Iowa State. Hawk fans are liars. Cyclone fans are honest. We publicly and openly admit that we want Iowa to lose every single game."

Go Cyclones. F*&^ Iowa.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
I hope Iowa wins this Saturday then loses out the remainder of the season. Think that would create the most chaos in Hokland. Beating OSU then losing 3 with the last being a poor Nebby team would be worth witnessing