I may have committed a Cardinal and Gold sin

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Fred be with me on the path I travel. I will be out of town for a while, and busy the following week, but December 13th may be the day. I hope she doesn't mind losing, and a healthy dose of smack talk.

Actually, she's squarely inside my frame of reference as far as women I have dated in the past year. 2 doctors, 1 lawyer, 1 college professor, 1 psychology post doc as well as a smattering of other professionals. I jokingly say that at the rate I am dating, I will go through every 27-33 year old single professional in the Cleveland metro area in a few years time.

My coworker "dating" coaches advised me to date someone younger, ie, the corrections officer. And would be pinup calendar girl.

Good Gawd, man! You just looking for a sugar mama so you can sit around and play Xbox all day long?!? Either that or the white collar type is a dime-a-dozen around your parts.

Side note: I also married a Hawkeye graduate.

Last edited:

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
You are dead to me, Stumbles.

pour-one-out.jpg

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
Was she a Hawk before she went to school there or after? There may be hope. My MA is from U of MN and I only cheer for the Gophers when they play Iowa. Good luck!

After. It was the only school her parents would let her go to away from home. Of course, while there as a freshmen, she had a run in with Jonathon Memmer. Not exactly a good story to tell someone who may be interested in asking you out.

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
And they all rejected you? That may tell you something, Stumbles.

That I like the crazy. All had massive emotional baggage, so much, that I felt normal. Which says a lot. It's like my friend said, people that utilize internet dating and have great careers and seem like awesome people on paper at my age generally have problems. Which explains me, naturally.

I take that back. The one lawyer was great. One of the doctors confessed that she didn't want to go out with me, but she didn't know how to turn me down.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Fred be with me on the path I travel. I will be out of town for a while, and busy the following week, but December 13th may be the day. I hope she doesn't mind losing, and a healthy dose of smack talk.

Actually, she's squarely inside my frame of reference as far as women I have dated in the past year. 2 doctors, 1 lawyer, 1 college professor, 1 psychology post doc as well as a smattering of other professionals. I jokingly say that at the rate I am dating, I will go through every 27-33 year old single professional in the Cleveland metro area in a few years time.

My coworker "dating" coaches advised me to date someone younger, ie, the corrections officer. And would be pinup calendar girl.

How many 27-33 year old professional singles are there in Cleveland anyway?

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
Hence why I've dropped my age range down a bit and gone back to old fashioned meeting women in a bar. Of course, I won't find any in Madison, and any of the popular areas downtown are so far away.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
That I like the crazy. All had massive emotional baggage, so much, that I felt normal. Which says a lot. It's like my friend said, people that utilize internet dating and have great careers and seem like awesome people on paper at my age generally have problems. Which explains me, naturally.

I take that back. The one lawyer was great. One of the doctors confessed that she didn't want to go out with me, but she didn't know how to turn me down.

I absolutely know what you are saying and I sympathize with you. My son, who is 32 and is located near San Diego has had the same exact experiences as you. His worse experience was with a PHD psychologist who had her own private practice. She was an absolute nut case and emotional wreck.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
I asked for, and was given the number of, a known Iowa grad and Hawkeye fan. And I intend to ask her out.

I beg for forgiveness, for I have sinned.

Since my dating life over the past couple of years has been a rich full tapestry of failures, both humorous and sad, I have decided I need to make a change in the women I chose to court. So I have strayed where I never thought I would go, and am going after a Hawk lawyer. True to form, she's not from Iowa, she's from Pittsburgh, PA and is NOT a Penn State fan.

Though I would greatly welcome more dates with the corrections officer I went out with Wednesday. Yowza. Doubtful.

It's only a sin if you talk to her after you mount her.

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
Well, the professor ordeal was sad. Wish her the best.

And coincidentally enough, last weekend, I almost literally ran into that psych post doc at a hockey game. Talk about awkward eye contact. Being 6'6" has its disadvantages.

This Hawkeye woman sounds pretty cool though. Worth a trip to visit friends in Pittsburgh and go on a date.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I asked for, and was given the number of, a known Iowa grad and Hawkeye fan. And I intend to ask her out.

I beg for forgiveness, for I have sinned.

Since my dating life over the past couple of years has been a rich full tapestry of failures, both humorous and sad, I have decided I need to make a change in the women I chose to court. So I have strayed where I never thought I would go, and am going after a Hawk lawyer. True to form, she's not from Iowa, she's from Pittsburgh, PA and is NOT a Penn State fan.

Though I would greatly welcome more dates with the corrections officer I went out with Wednesday. Yowza. Doubtful.

A question and an observation:

Question: If she went to Iowa and is a lawyer, is she legal? I mean if she didn't really graduate from there, could she have actually passed the bar? If she did graduate and pass the bar, then she is not likely an ardent Hawkeye supporter, as we know the majority of those are Tavern Hawks :ptongue:

Observation: If you do go out with her, young Romeo, you will likely soon learn--or we as your Cyclone brethren will--how poor Monteque felt about young Romeo.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
If she's a Hawk and a pinup girl the answer is obvious...

1) Date girl and get many inappropriate pictures of her
2) Post pictures where CF can see them to humiliate this Hawk fan
3) ???
4) Profit

Then after the itching and burning starts in a sensitive area you should use the profit to see a doctor.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008

No need to brag to make up for her being a Hawkeye.

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
If she's a Hawk and a pinup girl the answer is obvious...

1) Date girl and get many inappropriate pictures of her
2) Post pictures where CF can see them to humiliate this Hawk fan
3) ???
4) Profit

Then after the itching and burning starts in a sensitive area you should use the profit to see a doctor.

Different women. I actually went on a date with a woman that auditioned for a calendar, but didn't make it. She's a corrections officer and could probably kick my ***. The lawyer I haven't asked out yet. Confusing I know. Even for me. That's when I first realized I had a problem.

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
Well, since they were all failures of various kinds, its not really bragging. All of them told me how hard it was to date with their career, as in guys feel inferior or something and avoid them. The Master's in Homer Simpson helps.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.

Is she in this video by chance?
[video=youtube;ysmLA5TqbIY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY[/video]

Reactions: Erik4Cy