I love Jirehl Brock

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
Here is a guy who was 4 star recruit, not seeing a lot of play which often means he'd transfer or not be happy.

However, I feel like I see him at least once per game every game being the 1st guy to congratulate other RBs like Breece or Kene after TDs and appears to be really excited by others' success.

It is great to see. Reminds me a bit of Mike Warren. Just hope he comes along and when he gets his chance, that he can too can be a great ISU RB b/c he seems to be a great teammate trying to go about his business the right way.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm cool with him too. But he's only a freshman. And he's behind an excellent back in Breece and a good one in Kene. I would hope a freshman wouldn't be so worked up about not playing.

Reactions: NWICY and Scruff

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I would bet he transfers, seems like a good kid but won't sniff enough playing time.
That assumes two things.

One, that his only priority is playing time.

Two, that he doesn’t see more PT as the season progresses.

For that matter, if Kene doesn’t come back Jirehl is in a great position to be the main backup next season—with the benefit of a full offseason to prepare.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
That assumes two things.

One, that his only priority is playing time.

Two, that he doesn’t see more PT as the season progresses.

For that matter, if Kene doesn’t come back Jirehl is in a great position to be the main backup next season—with the benefit of a full offseason to prepare.
Sure it is, i dont want him to leave but if he wants playing time it will be awhile.

• Disagree
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Correct, but this year doesn’t count against eligibility. So he’ll be the same next year.
I wouldn’t count on it counting like that. He’ll be a RS Soph next year one way or another. That sixth year they’ll prolly come up with some terminology after RS Senior like “CV Senior”.

And I wouldn’t expect Jirehl to take it anyway.

• Disagree
Reactions: DurangoCy

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I would hope he doesn't decide to transfer. Odds are Hall will go to the NFL after next year; if he transfers, doesn't he have to sit out a year anyways? Also if Kene decides to move on to life after football after this season, he's likely the #2 back next year.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
He wouldn’t be crazy to stay, guessing Hall leaves after next year, as he should. It all probably hinges on Kene’s plans for next year.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I wouldn’t count on it counting like that. He’ll be a RS Soph next year one way or another. That sixth year they’ll prolly come up with some terminology after RS Senior like “CV Senior”.

And I wouldn’t expect Jirehl to take it anyway.
Yeah who knows how they will do it, but regardless, Jirehl still has 4 years of eligibility after this season.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Jirehl's time will come. He needs to keep trusting "the process".

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes