I love bill as our coach!!!!!

blood94

May 10, 2010
im tired of everyone calling for a change. i love coach bill. he loves ISU and this is where he wants to be. before bill came here who would have ever thought of average 6000 people in the stands. mulitple sell outs. we just completed another big 12 tournament title ( that makes 3 under his tenure). he represents our school like i want a head coach to act. not like a certain former baylor coach. we are always in the conversation for upper half of the big 12 conference. consistantly always near 20 wins

we have maintained consistency under bill and his coaching staff. you can tell by the reaction of ashley in the interview on saturday that she didnt want her experience to end. he brings in quality players and players that are respectful. ( welle, freese,taylor , poppins , prins ,christopherson , oniel, carlton, ashley the list goes on)

yes this year ended like we did not want but they still get to hold a big 12 tourney title.

feel free to roast me but i would not want anyone else to lead our program

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I would have slightly disagreed until this year. With soares, he showed he was willing to change some to evolve with the times. His recruiting has ticked back up. So I’m happy for him to stay. Before it kinda of seemed he was just doing the same old same old, almost getting ready for retirement.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
There a few in the game threads. He'll have to be done at some point but it might be a pretty big 'careful what you wish for' deal.

I don't know when being consistently good became a bad thing but it did.
We should change coaches every time someone calls for it in a game thread. Just have a clown car of coaches on the sideline ready to come in.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I agree, and maybe I missed it, but who is calling for a change?
Apparently by saying that you think Bill is an overrated coach and underachieved this year that means you want him gone... Or pointing out that he has had two players carry his style of play for the last 8 years means you want him gone... Our fan base is super sensitive if you say anything negative about Bill.

kcdc4isu

Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Apparently by saying that you think Bill is an overrated coach and underachieved this year that means you want him gone... Or pointing out that he has had two players carry his style of play for the last 8 years means you want him gone... Our fan base is super sensitive if you say anything negative about Bill.
Well don't you want him gone?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We should change coaches every time someone calls for it in a game thread. Just have a clown car of coaches on the sideline ready to come in.

I was gonna go every TV time out if ISU is behind or just a small lead at halftime but CF influencing the decision makes much more sense.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
No, I want him to put together a balanced team and not rely on one player to carry the offense. Bridget and Ashley covered up a lot of his inefficiencies as far as scheme goes.
how quickly you’ve forgotten….

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

There were a couple in the last game thread literally asking for a change.

I don't see many womens games but when I do I get the sense that they're not as talented as many believe.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I’ve been around for a while. I remember Johnny Orr quite well. He is revered to this day. And yet if you look at his record his big wins were all at home and he usually lost on the road. Barely had a 500 record at Iowa State. But he made Hilton a tough place to play. He came in after ISU had been irrelevant for a decade. Did anyone clamor for him to be fired?

Now look at Coach Fen. You could repeat much of this except he wins on the road, he gets wins in the dance, his teams have won or finished high in the conference standings, etc. Yes, his coaching style has limitations as does any style. But year in and year out his teams somehow…despite all of his apparent deficiencies (sarcasm) his teams win 20 games.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I’ve been around for a while. I remember Johnny Orr quite well. He is revered to this day. And yet if you look at his record his big wins were all at home and he usually lost on the road. Barely had a 500 record at Iowa State. But he made Hilton a tough place to play. He came in after ISU had been irrelevant for a decade. Did anyone clamor for him to be fired?

Now look at Coach Fen. You could repeat much of this except he wins on the road, he gets wins in the dance, his teams have won or finished high in the conference standings, etc. Yes, his coaching style has limitations as does any style. But year in and year out his teams somehow…despite all of his apparent deficiencies (sarcasm) his teams win 20 games.

An incredibly weak non con aids that too...

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I assume anyone who wants Bill gone is under the age of 30? Or an idiot?

Or both? :jimlad:

Not to say you can't criticize the guy, but come on!

• Dumb
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
A lot of Billy Ball Washers.