I like the way this game is shaping up...

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
The Jack Trice Memorial Bowl, presented by Hy-Vee.

Get on it, JP!
Great idea. We could fly both teams in using helicopters. Have them land on the 50 yard line. What an entrance. The who country would be watching their entrance.;)

Reactions: GTO

Teambanzai

Dec 3, 2017
Ok ok...great matchup, fun game, drink beer

My question is...Who does the best BBQ in Memphis in your opinion?

There are several good answers to this question, we have quite a few good BBQ places.
Central BBQ is very good, several locations, good people that own it too.
Paynes BBQ on Lamar (featured in "This is us") is in an old gas station, in a not so great area but it is safe. Old school BBQ, cokes served in the can, fried bologna, yellow coleslaw. The pulled pork is so tender and perfectly smoked! They have a good bark on their Q
One & Only BBQ - also a good choice
The BBQ Shop - Midtown, also known for their BBQ Spaghetti which has been featured on several food shows. They won't let TV crews in the back while they are making rubs and sauces, they like their secret! They smoke their meat for 12 hours
Leonards BBQ - been making BBQ since 1922, more chili powder & paprika in their rub and less brown sugar.
Memphis BBQ Company - multi award winning team that runs a restaurant in Southaven MS.
Tops BBQ - 15 locations, quick, messy, tasty. When you need a BBQ fix they fit the bill.

Reactions: TigerFan17

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
At first I hated the draw just because we get Memphis in their own house but after stepping back and looking at things closer I think this game is going to be awesome. This game is going to have one of the best bowl game atmospheres and I really like the way we match up with you guys. This should be one entertaining football game.

More than that, there could be allot of fans in the stands who care who wins!

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
We've seen high powered, fast offenses all season. Crows should even out a bit once cyclone fans move to Memphis.
Defense just needs to do what it has done all season and avoid the big play.
ISU 34 Memphis 31

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I like this match up for us. Will be a great way to end the season with a road win over a ranked opponent

• Optimistic
Reactions: isu2014

Teambanzai

Dec 3, 2017
Gotta get banter going with the Memphis fans because the hawk trolls slithered under their rock waiting what happens tonight.

We may not be so good at bantering about football. We haven't grown accustom to success and deep inside we are used to constant disappointment. We have had our share of upsets over the years but we continually failed to live up to any hype. If there was a way to lose, the Tigers would find it.

Having said that - BRING IT!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We may not be so good at bantering about football. We haven't grown accustom to success and deep inside we are used to constant disappointment. We have had our share of upsets over the years but we continually failed to live up to any hype. If there was a way to lose, the Tigers would find it.

Having said that - BRING IT!
Are you sure you're not a Cyclone? :D

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
There are several good answers to this question, we have quite a few good BBQ places.
Central BBQ is very good, several locations, good people that own it too.
Paynes BBQ on Lamar (featured in "This is us") is in an old gas station, in a not so great area but it is safe. Old school BBQ, cokes served in the can, fried bologna, yellow coleslaw. The pulled pork is so tender and perfectly smoked! They have a good bark on their Q
One & Only BBQ - also a good choice
The BBQ Shop - Midtown, also known for their BBQ Spaghetti which has been featured on several food shows. They won't let TV crews in the back while they are making rubs and sauces, they like their secret! They smoke their meat for 12 hours
Leonards BBQ - been making BBQ since 1922, more chili powder & paprika in their rub and less brown sugar.
Memphis BBQ Company - multi award winning team that runs a restaurant in Southaven MS.
Tops BBQ - 15 locations, quick, messy, tasty. When you need a BBQ fix they fit the bill.

Payne's was the place I was trying to remember. My uncle raved about that place a few yaers back but I haven't made it there yet. Guess I'm going to three BBQ places that weekend. Gonna have to bring the "big eatin" sweat pants I guess.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron