I hope the players believe more than the fans

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
You can bet there were some folks getting their ***** chewed in film session today. Iowa has a lot of stuff to correct on offense, but getting Calloway, Vandervelde and Ferentz back should help.

There was more than one poster here who noted that a team improves more between week 1 and 2 than any other point in the year. However, it seems that there is a certain segment of folks here who think that the same thing doesn't apply to Iowa.

all they had to do was watch the game against UNI.

btw.... Alexander Robinson, Derrick Catlett, Ben Laamak, Reggie Stephens, Mike Brandtner, Allen Bell, Jesse Smith, Fred Garrin, Bailey Johnson, Mike O'Connell, Josh Raven, James Smith, Chris Lyle, Brian Ekwelundu, Zac Sandvig, Marquis Hamilton, Rashawn Parker, and Devin McDowell would beg to differ with you. All of them played against Iowa in 2007 and all of them are still on the team and many are major contributers.

Apparently, you're one of those people.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Or any other junior or senior that has spent the two previous years here.

I guarantee you both the players and coaches have enough confidence in their abilities to believe they can beat Iowa. If they didn't, they shouldn't be playing here.

This. If you're playing D-1 football, you should be confident in your ability to beat any opponent. It shouldn't matter if you've beaten, lost to, or never even seen them before.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
okay so? you still didnt have a rebuttal to my point that there are a lot of major contributors on this ISU team that beat Iowa in 2007 unlike you seem to believe

I clearly stated that I didn't know who those other players would be, as the only one I knew about was Parker - and the only reason I know who he is is because Marshall Yanda knocked his *** unconcious in 2006.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
If you want to play that game, when was the last time Ferentz won in Ames?

2007: L
2005: L
2003: W
2001: L
1999: L

There's no point in arguing anything about this game, really, other than no one knows what will happen or who will win. A fan of either team claiming they will win confidently has no clue about this series in the last decade.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
2003. Why are you asking rhetorical questions?

Iowa State hasn't beaten Iowa since '07. Ok, the upperclassman who aren't JUCO's were around. There isn't a player on the Iowa roster who has ever won in Ames. Some of ISU's roster has already beat Iowa in Ames.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Iowa State hasn't beaten Iowa since '07. Ok, the upperclassman who aren't JUCO's were around. There isn't a player on the Iowa roster who has ever won in Ames. Some of ISU's roster has already beat Iowa in Ames.

Jess Settles may have been.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines

OK...what's your point? There isn't a player on ISU's roster who's beaten Iowa at Kinnick, either. Man, that was easy, I'll have to remember that one next year.

Nothing that has happened before will have any impact at all on what happens this weekend.

cychhosis

May 12, 2006
S.E. Iowa
You can bet there were some folks getting their ***** chewed in film session today. Iowa has a lot of stuff to correct on offense, but getting Calloway, Vandervelde and Ferentz back should help.

There was more than one poster here who noted that a team improves more between week 1 and 2 than any other point in the year. However, it seems that there is a certain segment of folks here who think that the same thing doesn't apply to Iowa.
Sure, your team will improve, but it won't be enough. Remember ISU has 2 more days to improve.:cool:
It's a close game... but ISU wins in a shootout.

Spam

May 21, 2008
We always have a chance against Iowa. The hawks always seem to choke in this game. Perhaps that coach of theirs needs to loosen up a bit and relax for this game. Might help with the choking.