I hope it's..welcome home, Joe Heskett!! (no official announcement)

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
This is not an official announcement..only what I believe will happen.
I believe Spooner has nailed the new wrestling HC at Iowa State. Joe Heskett is a perfect choice for Iowa State!
-Four time all american
-Third best record in history
-great recruiter
-chairismatic personality
-former Cyclone
He will be a super coach at ISU. Prediction: National Championship his first season!

Last edited:

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Re: Welcome home, Joe Heskett!!

If we do indeed go with a former Cyclone, I like him.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley

No. No annct. yet, but I believe he will be the coach, and spooner is right on it.

So why did Spooner make a Greg Randall is the new head coach thread? And why does it still say that? Sorry, haven't really been following the coaching search threads much, and am very confused.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

So why did Spooner make a Greg Randall is the new head coach thread? And why does it still say that? Sorry, haven't really been following the coaching search threads much, and am very confused.

That was days ago, and Spooner wasn't the only one who seemed to think that.

I'd suggest that the mods close that one and let it die off.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Heskett has said no comment while Jackson and Randall have all but campaigned for the job. If JP is in form, Heskett is the leader of those three. If he is really on his game, it is none of the above. Like it or not, that seems to be our AD.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Heskett has said no comment while Jackson and Randall have all but campaigned for the job. If JP is in form, Heskett is the leader of those three. If he is really on his game, it is none of the above. Like it or not, that seems to be our AD.

I can't argue that one. Normally the choice is a total surprise, but one we are happy with. This could be the same.

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
I like Heskett, I think he would be a great coach.

There will be alot of pressure to win the National Title with this team, but Joe can do it, that will be a great recruiting Tool.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
I've heard from a couple of different people close to the wrestling program around Hesketts time that seem to think he wouldn't be a good fit. Anybody with some insight know why? Both people I've talked to mention he was always really full of himself... not confident... just arrogant. Can anyone else confirm this or has anyone else heard this?

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
I've heard from a couple of different people close to the wrestling program around Hesketts time that seem to think he wouldn't be a good fit. Anybody with some insight know why? Both people I've talked to mention he was always really full of himself... not confident... just arrogant. Can anyone else confirm this or has anyone else heard this?
I dont know about any of that.

What I do know is that if I had accomplished the things that Heskett has, I would be an arrogant *****.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
WTF?! I thought Craig was coaching

I agree, I won't be happy with anyone but Craig as coach . . .

:jimlad:

Seriously though, I think all the names that have been thrown out are quality candidates. Heskett seems like a good choice if he is indeed the man.

Last edited:

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
This is not an official announcement..only what I believe will happen.
I believe Spooner has nailed the new wrestling HC at Iowa State. Joe Heskett is a perfect choice for Iowa State!
-Four time all american
-Third best record in history
-great recruiter
-chairismatic personality
-former Cyclone
He will be a super coach at ISU. Prediction: National Championship his first season!

We will win a NC with Heskett in year one. Iowa is probably already in talks with Gable regarding him coming back as an ***'t to do the intimidation thing ala Sanderson's year 1. But it won't work this time around. Flip the bird? We'll just laugh in their faces with scoreboard!!

Help Support Us

Become a patron