I have to wonder

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Nearly everything you say here is message board legend and has little to no basis in fact. A couple examples of the hyperbole, look at next years two deeps and who recruited them; the JUCO numbers were similar or less than any comparable class. Also, I would argue that a quick exit is the best way to go........limited defections and pulled the team together??? My only real point in all this is how easily anger clouds judgment. The guy just won a National Championship and coach of the year in all the polls. 53 years was a long drought for Auburn.

It's amazing that you claim to be a big supporter of Iowa State Athletics yet 75% of your posts are about an Ex coach who bolted from ISU after 2 seasons of 5-19 work. None of your posts are about the coach who is actually at Iowa State and is actually winning some football games and bowls. In fact the only time you post about Paul Rhoads is when you are idiotically claiming the team quit on him

Reactions: LindenCy

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Nearly everything you say here is message board legend and has little to no basis in fact. A couple examples of the hyperbole, look at next years two deeps and who recruited them; the JUCO numbers were similar or less than any comparable class. Also, I would argue that a quick exit is the best way to go........limited defections and pulled the team together??? My only real point in all this is how easily anger clouds judgment. The guy just won a National Championship and coach of the year in all the polls. 53 years was a long drought for Auburn.

Quick exit = Limited defections?

From what I had heard the guy was trying to take players with him, both recruits and transfers. It wasn't bad enough that his gameday coaching would have been unacceptable in a 6th grade flag football league but then he has to go and stab a bunch of 18 to 21 year old kids in the back that he had told he would be there for. The level of douchbaggery he committed was shocking. Pretty hard to find another coach with that lack of class.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire

Do you really think Chizik was thinking this when he left? Yes negatives can turn into positives but it doesn't make the action any more right. I can fail to put ice melt down on the sidewalks, a person fall, resulting in a lawsuit that helps pay for that persons bad credit, resulting in a much better life for said person; does that make it right for me to not do my job? You know the answer to this, you are grasping at straws.

Also, this isn't about whether he is a good coach or not (leastwise not at Auburn), this is about what he did at Iowa State.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
It's amazing that you claim to be a big supporter of Iowa State Athletics yet 75% of your posts are about an Ex coach who bolted from ISU after 2 seasons of 5-19 work. None of your posts are about the coach who is actually at Iowa State and is actually winning some football games and bowls. In fact the only time you post about Paul Rhoads is when you are idiotically claiming the team quit on him
Let's not make this personal '85. Our defense, most of the offense and the opposing coaches all knew that packing the middle, stopping the run and forcing AA (or his replacement) to pass was THE game plan to beat us. And it worked to perfection.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Let's not make this personal '85. Our defense, most of the offense and the opposing coaches all knew that packing the middle, stopping the run and forcing AA (or his replacement) to pass was THE game plan to beat us. And it worked to perfection.

I'm not making it personal. I am making an observation based on all your posts. They are all about Chizik. A guy that was 5-19 at ISU with losses to Toledo, UNI, and Kent State. Horrible horrible losses. And than you also call out our current coach who has shown more passion about ISU than the previous coach and who also is winning at ISU unlike the previous coach. I guess where it becomes personal is me questioning your loyalty to Iowa State due to your posts.

Reactions: Cyclonestate78

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
If Majors or Bruce had been asked by Pitt, Tenn or Ohio State to leave Ames after only two years (and little success) would they have done the same thing chiz did and go to an established power job??

Yes.

End Thread.

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Nearly everything you say here is message board legend and has little to no basis in fact. A couple examples of the hyperbole, look at next years two deeps and who recruited them; the JUCO numbers were similar or less than any comparable class.

Chizik didn't go JUCO heavy in 2008, but there are only 7 guys left from that class anyway.

Out of the kids that committed to ISU while Gene was still on the job, there are only 17 left in the program from the 2007-2009 recruiting classes. I'm not counting kids that committed after Rhoads took the job because you never know if the kid would still be at ISU.

I count 12, maybe 14 of Chizik guys in the 2 deeps for next year (listed below) out of the 44 or so guys in the two deeps. Even if all 17 Chizik recruits are in the two deeps, that is still a lot less than half and that is from almost three classes vs. just over two for Rhoads. McCarney/Rhoads guys made up half of the two deeps last year as well.

KO
Bykowski
Darks
Hammerschmidt
Laing
Mahoney
Klein
Lenz
Lichtenberg
maybe Moore
Reeves
maybe Spear
Washington
Reynolds

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
why not just lock these threads? We've been over this and it is obvious that rebecacy is a sad, pathetic human being. We don't need any more evidence of it, just shut this **** down.

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
why not just lock these threads? We've been over this and it is obvious that rebecacy is a sad, pathetic human being. We don't need any more evidence of it, just shut this **** down.

I agree, except for the "sad & pathetic" part.

No wait, I mean especially the "sad & pathetic" part. Also, I've heard he smells like olives. How does that happen? How does a person pick up an olive aroma? It seems to me that that's not something that can just happen by accident. A person would have to actively try to smell like olives. And that raises the question of why would someone desire to smell like olives? What is happening in his life, where an aroma like that would be beneficial? It's a conundrum, I tells ya.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Chizik didn't go JUCO heavy in 2008, but there are only 7 guys left from that class anyway.

Out of the kids that committed to ISU while Gene was still on the job, there are only 17 left in the program from the 2007-2009 recruiting classes. I'm not counting kids that committed after Rhoads took the job because you never know if the kid would still be at ISU.

I count 12, maybe 14 of Chizik guys in the 2 deeps for next year (listed below) out of the 44 or so guys in the two deeps. Even if all 17 Chizik recruits are in the two deeps, that is still a lot less than half and that is from almost three classes vs. just over two for Rhoads. McCarney/Rhoads guys made up half of the two deeps last year as well.

KO
Bykowski
Darks
Hammerschmidt
Laing
Mahoney
Klein
Lenz
Lichtenberg
maybe Moore
Reeves
maybe Spear
Washington
Reynolds

Leave the facts out of this. :jimlad:

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

What part of my post is message board legend. Please enlighten me.

CYKT

Aug 6, 2010
Guys, Guys, Guys

My friend RebecaCy is an avid support of Mean Gene Chizik; that point is known.

Sadly what you all may not know about RebecaCy and it's obsession with Mean Gene on this board is the fact that it is currently in possession of 173 mint condition Gene Chizik Commerotive Coins.

RebecaCy will be unable to sell these truly great pieces of not only ISU History but Football History if you people do not fall in line and start spreading the Gospel of Greatness that is Mean Gene Chizik.

So people please help support the cause! Lets spread some Mean Gene love and get these coins sold!

All what? All IN!

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Guys, Guys, Guys

My friend RebecaCy is an avid support of Mean Gene Chizik; that point is known.

Sadly what you all may not know about RebecaCy and it's obsession with Mean Gene on this board is the fact that it is currently in possession of 173 mint condition Gene Chizik Commerotive Coins.

RebecaCy will be unable to sell these truly great pieces of not only ISU History but Football History if you people do not fall in line and start spreading the Gospel of Greatness that is Mean Gene Chizik.

So people please help support the cause! Lets spread some Mean Gene love and get these coins sold!

All what? All IN!

Funny stuff, rebecacy, cykindatown, Cykt, whatever name you're using these days. Responding to your own thread under a new name and thinking you're fooling anyone. Same old guy we all know and ... uh ... know.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
What part of my post is message board legend. Please enlighten me.

Anything you wrote that even hinted that Eugene Chizzle**** was ever a coach at ISU is pure message board legend. It is a sham anybody refers to him as a coach. He didn't coach a lick at ISU and if you watched Auburn the past 2 years you surely realize that Gus Malzahn is doing all of the coaching at Auburn. The powers that be down there needed a man to prop up as a head coach that was dumb enough to be the fall guy when all of their cheating/paying players comes back to bite them. Chizik is the PERFECT guy for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

CYKT

Aug 6, 2010
Funny stuff, rebecacy, cykindatown, Cykt, whatever name you're using these days. Responding to your own thread under a new name and thinking you're fooling anyone. Same old guy we all know and ... uh ... know.

I am not sure what you are talking about?

Sorry for any confusion I should have state that my screenname is CYKT, not RebecaCY. As I stated in my post that Rebecacy is my friend, I am CYKT. Sorry for the confusion I am unsure as to how these things work sometimes!

I also do not know who this cykindatown is you speak of, but the moniker amuses me. It was obviously crafted by someone of great intellect!

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I am not sure what you are talking about?

Sorry for any confusion I should have state that my screenname is CYKT, not RebecaCY. As I stated in my post that Rebecacy is my friend, I am CYKT. Sorry for the confusion I am unsure as to how these things work sometimes!

I also do not know who this cykindatown is you speak of, but the moniker amuses me. It was obviously crafted by someone of great intellect!

Riiiight, whatever you say. Just stay away from sharp objects. I think we should swap monikers, Rebecacy

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Who was the "Head Coach" at the time? Chizik quit on the team midway through his second season because he knew he was already gone. He was just going through the motions which was evidenced by his game plans, or lack thereof.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Just a reminder, please leave the other Iowa State sites and their publishers out of this battle.

Thanks!

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Obsession%20Perfume.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron