I guess Iowa's collapse will start in March this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Give Fran a little credit, hoks are shutting down the Purdue 3 Machine

Not sure the most effective way to do that is to let them score at will inside but they don't have many 3s

That’s the one thing that drove me nuts when we played them (other than a couple scrubs that were stuck on automatic). I’ve seen it over and over again in the last couple years. If you take all the open threes, and aren’t hitting, you are letting them off the hook for all the easy twos you could have gotten.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Will 8 conference wins get Iowa into the Tourney?

Their tournament wins aren't as impressive in hindsight. Blowing us out at home will end up being a top 3 win for them. They need ISU to get better with all our pieces playing, and people think they blew out ISU at full strength.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Watching Purdue dismantle IU shows me we arent quite at the top 20 level we want to be at yet on either side of the ball. Purdue is exploiting every weakness on both sides we just arent there yet. Hopefully we do soon though, the talent is there.

Or Iowa played way better vs. ISU. THT and Shayok scored plenty and Cook was allowed to shove his way to the basket. You also don't see Baer launching 3s from 6 feet behind the arc.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
That’s the one thing that drove me nuts when we played them (other than a couple scrubs that were stuck on automatic). I’ve seen it over and over again in the last couple years. If you take all the open threes, and aren’t hitting, you are letting them off the hook for all the easy twos you could have gotten.
It was truly a sight to see Isiah Moss be Klay Thompson on us. I’m gonna go out on quite the limb and say that Isiah Moss doesn’t show up again until he plays in Hilton next year.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
From HN:

"Barta Barta he’s are man, if he can’t lock down a mediocre coach no one can!"

Iowa can't pay their contractors, so I hope they enjoy Fran for years to come!!

Reactions: NWICY and Go2Guy

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
They might beat Minnesota if they mistake them for our colors.
Iowa always has trouble with Minnesota. They’re always more athletic. Look what Rutgers did to Iowa last year just based off athleticism

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Holy crap, 3 horrendous calls in a row by the officiating crew - against the home team! Hoks got lucky on that sequence!

• Agree
Reactions: cdface
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron