I guess Iowa's collapse will start in March this year...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trevn

Jerome Tang Surveillance Team
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I'm curious to see how Iowa does the rest of the conference season. With the imbalanced schedule they have only played 2 teams twice, Michigan State and Northwestern. They got blown out in East Lansing and then lost by 15 at home. They beat NW by 10 up there and needed a furious comeback to win by a point at home. 5 of their last 6 games are against teams they have already played. I'm interested to see how the opponents adjust to them and what Fran does to counter that.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Big difference in something being at least possible and the posters on this board basically saying Iowa had zero shot at making the tourney. ISU fans hate it when Iowa makes the NCAA tourney.
It's the internet, toughen up Sally.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Kind of hard to count Young in this when he is out for the year and has barely played.

Wigginton is a big loss, I dont think he is a +14 point loss though in that game.

Missing a good player can play a huge role. For example, look at Kansas State without Dean Wade. All of their loses, have come when he got hurt during the game, or was out due to injury.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Kind of hard to count Young in this when he is out for the year and has barely played.

Wigginton is a big loss, I dont think he is a +14 point loss though in that game.

Young was absolutely a huge factor in the equation when we played Iowa back in December. Since then Iowa State has figured out how to play without him but don't kid yourself, we were still trying to put the pieces together and we weren't playing with a full deck,

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

VegasHerky

Feb 14, 2019
Young was absolutely a huge factor in the equation when we played Iowa back in December. Since then Iowa State has figured out how to play without him but don't kid yourself, we were still trying to put the pieces together and we weren't playing with a full deck,

Solomon Young played 27 minutes all season and had not played a single minute all season prior to the Iowa game, which was ISU's 9th game of the year. Over 1/4 of the way through the season and him being out really shouldnt have an impact on ISU.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cytown12

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Solomon Young played 27 minutes all season and had not played a single minute all season prior to the Iowa game, which was ISU's 9th game of the year. Over 1/4 of the way through the season and him being out really shouldnt have an impact on ISU.

VegasHerky, you live in Columbus Junction or Danville?

• Funny
Reactions: DurangoCy

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
That's very true. Now if he'd have ONLY played against his instate rival that would've been exactly like Iowa's situation with Pemsl. Somewhat interesting since they are similar type players.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

How many more minutes has pemsl gotten since he came in and played thug against us?

Reactions: Cytown12

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Iowa's two best wins are against ISU and Michigan. ISU was short keys players during that game. Also, all good teams have an off night on occasion (i.e. Michigan loses to Pedo State, Michigan State loses to Illinois, Kansas losses to West Virginia, Nevada loses to New Mexico, etc.). iowa got Michigan on one of those night.

Iowa needs to prove they're not a "flash in the pan". Winning at home against Maryland will help with that.
Michigan shot 32% from the floor including 24% from 3. Of course some might say "well Iowa's defense probably had a lot to do with that". The problem with that is there is very little evidence from all the other games Iowa has played to make one believe that its defense is capable of causing a good team like Michigan to shoot that poorly. The Wolverines were not right that night.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Michigan shot 32% from the floor including 24% from 3. Of course some might say "well Iowa's defense probably had a lot to do with that". The problem with that is there is very little evidence from all the other games Iowa has played to make one believe that its defense is capable of causing a good team like Michigan to shoot that poorly. The Wolverines were not right that night.

I don't disagree. Some time teams can't hit a shot and other times they can't miss. Same thing happened for ISU on Saturday. They couldn't miss from three that game. Most games aren't like that. As a fan, you take the opponents misses and your makes as they come.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't disagree. Some time teams can't hit a shot and other times they can't miss. Same thing happened for ISU on Saturday. They couldn't miss from three that game. Most games aren't like that. As a fan, you take the opponents misses and your makes as they come.

Well when you have elite shooters like Wigginton, Shayok, etc it's not uncommon

Status
Not open for further replies.