isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I miss the Clones not being in the tournament, but it is liberating to watch the tournament not being so focused if the Cyclones win or lose.

IMO it has been a great tournament and love how the NCAA spaced the games yesterday. I basically watched the 2nd halves of games and enjoyed some great endings in Loyola, Texas Tech, Michigan, etc

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I only watch a whole game if ISU is playing. I got too many better things to be doing than wasting my life watching the tv.

• Winner
Reactions: SpokaneCY

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I’ll echo what others have said. If you aren’t watching, I’m sorry that you’re missing a great tournament. Thursday was a pretty good day of basketball and Friday had the biggest upset of all time. The first few games were duds yesterday but last nights games were a lot of fun. Here’s to another fun day!

• Agree
Reactions: clone2003 and Frak

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
When Iowa state was in the tournament it would be my sole focus. When the Twins were on a playoff run it would be my sole focus.

I never understood people who really didn't get into sports the way I did. Did they not care? Were they just fans of bad teams?

Since the Cyclones did not make the tournament I have not watched one minute of it. To be honest, I really don't care. I see everyone going crazy about certain games and... Meh.

I finally understand how people can be normal and not care about sporting events. Turns out I'm not a sports fan. I'm a Cyclones fan.

You had me at Iowa State

• Funny
Reactions: KnappShack

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
For one (JUST ONE) year, I'm enjoying the tournament without the pressure of Iowa State playing. I haven't had the opportunity to watch the entire first four days in 5 years. And I've watched almost everything this time (I missed 3 hours last night to go watch Naz, and I sort of regret it).

The first weekend is something I can watch without caring at all about the teams. I don't think there's any other sporting even like that for me. I don't give a **** about the Super Bowl or NBA finals. I don't care about the football playoffs, although I do enjoy watching random bowl games.

Hopefully next year I am watching Iowa State play in Des Moines (or another location) and I am a tiny bit sad about missing all 4 days. :)

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
When Iowa state was in the tournament it would be my sole focus. When the Twins were on a playoff run it would be my sole focus.

I never understood people who really didn't get into sports the way I did. Did they not care? Were they just fans of bad teams?

Since the Cyclones did not make the tournament I have not watched one minute of it. To be honest, I really don't care. I see everyone going crazy about certain games and... Meh.

I finally understand how people can be normal and not care about sporting events. Turns out I'm not a sports fan. I'm a Cyclones fan.
I’m kind of the same way, I tipcally only watch isu athletes, however, playoffs and March are a different story. This has been one of the best tournaments in a while IMO

• Agree
Reactions: Frak

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I miss the Clones not being in the tournament, but it is liberating to watch the tournament not being so focused if the Cyclones win or lose.

IMO it has been a great tournament and love how the NCAA spaced the games yesterday. I basically watched the 2nd halves of games and enjoyed some great endings in Loyola, Texas Tech, Michigan, etc

It's definitely been an interesting and unfamiliar experience to watch a tournament without ISU in it, and while I wish we were in there, you're correct; it is liberating.

It is somewhat of a relief to not have much of an emotional investment this time around. Had we been on the receiving end of a loss like Houston or Tennessee I would still be curled up in a fetal position sobbing my head off.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
It's definitely been an interesting and unfamiliar experience to watch a tournament without ISU in it, and while I wish we were in there, you're correct; it is liberating.

It is somewhat of a relief to not have much of an emotional investment this time around. Had we been on the receiving end of a loss like Houston or Tennessee I would still be curled up in a fetal position sobbing my head off.
Yeah, it's nice to not have to deal with the urge of throwing my tv out the window because we lost to Ohio State by a ******** charge call and a buzzer beater.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I've been watching the tournament but every time I turn it on I'm filled with this hopeless despair that reminds me we're not in it this year. Just a gaping hole where my heart is

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Similar, but mostly because I don't have TV. Haven't missed an ISU fb game or many mens bb games but that's thanks to gamewatches and sketchy online streams (looking at you, firstrowsports).

When I did have a TV during March, I'd have games on in the background but didn't spend all day watching.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Yeah, I've pretty much only been turning on the close games for the last 5 minutes. You get all the excitement without the huge time commitment.

Reactions: khardbored

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Let me rephrase that. When Iowa State is on I schedule my day around that. Since they're not on I don't schedule my day around games. With a few kids it's a little harder to do that when you don't have an emotional connection to games.

There is a massive gap between not scheduling your days around basketball games and not being a sports fan! You are just being a normal sports fan and not a fanatic this year.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored