i feel bad for west virginia.....

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
The WORST last possession in the history of last possessions.

Completely agree. And this is coming from Cyclone fans...we're fairly well versed in bad late possessions.

With 35 seconds left in the game why take a contested 3?

I said the same thing. Get to the rim (or at least drive and kick) then foul to extend the game. Hell they still could have done on the last offensive rebound. They had 12 seconds then.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I really wanted to cheer for WV as a rep of the big 12, but as I watched the game and saw the refs letting them continuously rape Gonzaga and the refs falling for all WV's flailing and flops I went all in on the Zags. That last possession by WVU was spectacular in my eyes.

Now that KU and Oregon eliminated the Big 10 (hoping Florida can finish them off tonight), I can cheer for Oregon now.

• Agree
Reactions: NATEizKING and HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Hey WVU fans...the reason North Dakota's economy has been booming is the same reason yours is in the tank. It's not some liberal political conspiracy to screw you over, it's basic economics and science.

OP is right. Their state is full of a bunch of gullible morons. I feel for them losing their way of life but they have to educate themselves about the realities of the situation instead of buying magic beans from a con man like they just did.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I wish that the isolation "hero ball" play at the end of games would go away. It's rarely the best play and I'm pretty sure I've read some articles in the past that show that the smart basketball play is usually a lot better than letting your star "create" at the end of the game.

This is a damn epidemic. I've seen it a ton during the year and even more during the postseason. For some reason there is a general refusal to take the ball inside the 3 point line at the end of a game.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Hey WVU fans...the reason North Dakota's economy has been booming is the same reason yours is in the tank. It's not some liberal political conspiracy to screw you over, it's basic economics and science.

OP is right. Their state is full of a bunch of gullible morons. I feel for them losing their way of life but they have to educate themselves about the realities of the situation instead of buying magic beans from a con man like they just did.

Nice sentiment, but this isn't a Cave thread...

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I figured since the OP was about the same subject as my post...

He made a quip about it, that was followed by a good 2 dozen non-political posts. Pretty sure the intent was to talk about the end of the game, though. Hell, I don't care, I've opted into the Cave anyway, just thought I'd point it out.

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This is a damn epidemic. I've seen it a ton during the year and even more during the postseason. For some reason there is a general refusal to take the ball inside the 3 point line at the end of a game.

It's only a good play when you have an elite player at slashing to the rim. I think very few college teams do. Only about half of NBA teams do. Even a lot of NBA teams should move the ball around more on a final possession.

• Agree

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It's only a good play when you have an elite player at slashing to the rim. I think very few college teams do. Only about half of NBA teams do. Even a lot of NBA teams should move the ball around more on a final possession.

Yah, I see both sides. If you're down to 4-5 seconds you may as well go one-on-one. But alot of time it seems like there is ample time to get some movement and, at a minimum, drive and find an open shooter.

• Agree

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
As good as HuggyBear is, I was surprised that they didn't play that out better after the first shot was missed at the end. He had to know they were going deny Carter.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I get so tired of teams waiting for the last shot with no time remaining. ISU does this too.
Take the ball to the hoop. You are in the bonus. There is over 30 secs left. WV forces so many turnovers why not get a quick 1-2 points and press then foul. That was an epic failure.
I really wanted them to win though. I am anti Big Ten and PAC12 (conference of champions) this year.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
...... I am anti Big Ten and PAC12 (conference of champions) this year.

As most of us are. Iowa State recruit JP Macura looked pretty good against AZ last night to put a big hit on the conference of losers.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
As most of us are. Iowa State recruit JP Macura looked pretty good against AZ last night to put a big hit on the conference of losers.

JP is fun to watch

looking at his offer list I am surprised he ended up at Xavier

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Putting 5 guys within 15 feet of each other above the 3 point line rarely ever works.

Yea, even if you want to put the ball in Carter's hand, horrible spacing. All his team members hung around above the 3 pt line. Complete joke.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006

And here it is a, little reminder as to why I blocked the cave. You.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
He went to my rival high school screw that guy. Jk he is a really good player, would've loved having him but I think he is a senior so we were stacked already that year.