I erred, Wes only scored 35 points Saturday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I did say my stats were unofficial, here is the write up from the Fremont Tribure. Fremont Bergan is outscoring it opponents 80-42 through 10 games. You can argue it is against inferior competition, but when is the last time ISU dominated an inferior opponent by 38 points for even one game. The intensity that Bergan shows for the whole 32 minutes is fantastic, even when up by 40 points.

Knights frustrate Raiders’ offense - Sports - Prep - The Fremont Tribune - Fremont, Nebraska's Community Newspaper

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Re: I erred, Wes only scored 35 points Saturaday

He was 100% from the field and line through three quarters?!? Pretty impressive line regardless of the opponent.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

The 1st and 3rd qtr, he missed shots in the 2nd and 4th.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

It will be the Wesley and Wes Show.

Cyfan13

Dec 14, 2007
Ames

I did say my stats were unofficial, here is the write up from the Fremont Tribure. Fremont Bergan is outscoring it opponents 80-42 through 10 games. You can argue it is against inferior competition, but when is the last time ISU dominated an inferior opponent by 38 points for even one game. The intensity that Bergan shows for the whole 32 minutes is fantastic, even when up by 40 points.

Knights frustrate Raiders’ offense - Sports - Prep - The Fremont Tribune - Fremont, Nebraska's Community Newspaper

ISU was up 40 points against ND the other night w/ 13 min left in the game before Mac took the starters out. They could have beat that team by 60 if Mac would have let them.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

Fremont Bergan was up 32 when the reserves went in in the 3rd period and they increased the lead.

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD

Fremont Bergan was up 32 when the reserves went in in the 3rd period and they increased the lead.

Look, I'm not going to be one of those people that will wholesale deny that Wes will be a contributor, but you can't make comparisons like this at all. Endurance and conditioning is on a completely different level, and regardless of talent at the college level, these guys should be able to play the full 40 minutes. Running up the score in a HS game means next to nothing. Most of the time, the players stop caring when they're getting blown out.

Cyfan13

Dec 14, 2007
Ames

And isn't HS only 32 min, while college 40? So their 3rd period was about the same time that the guys came out of the ISU game.