I Am Not A Cyclone But Thought You Guys Would Like This

Texas Aggie

Nov 28, 2020
I am a Texas Aggie but my family has deep roots in the state of Iowa. My dad actually has degrees from both ISU and the other school. We have a barn painted half Cyclone colors, half the other school that you hate. Anyway I made this for an Aggie forum after y'alls victory. We don't think about the horns as much anymore but they still come by our forums often enough that I couldn't resist having a little fun.

I doubt I will post much here moving forward but I am pulling for ISU to win out.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I don't hate em, just disappointed they left. I miss the old Big 12.
Of the four defectors, I have the least against A&M. They’d be the first one I’d invite back. the old B12 was the best FB, MBB, WBB and baseball conference at one point. We let the traditional blue bloods destroy that.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Of the four defectors, I have the least against A&M. They’d be the first one I’d invite back. the old B12 was the best FB, MBB, WBB and baseball conference at one point. We let the traditional blue bloods destroy that.
Agree, I would rank my degree of dislike as this:
1) Nebraska
2) Missouri
Tied for last: Colorado and A&M

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
We have family friends in the Houston area, and were planning to go to the game at A&M in 2012 before the second round went down.

Disappointed we didn't get to do that; seems like a pretty cool/unique experience.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I’m glad Texas A&M brought back their old uniforms. I see some ‘90s nostalgia in their current team. Fun to watch.

With that said, I’d love to square up with you guys in the Cotton Bowl

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
I miss our Big 8 frenemies. I'm sad A&M left, but certainly understand the desire to get away from TeXa$. A&M seems a natural fit in the SEC too.

Reactions: Angie

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
We have family friends in the Houston area, and were planning to go to the game at A&M in 2012 before the second round went down.

Disappointed we didn't get to do that; seems like a pretty cool/unique experience.
I've been. Some good people and bars, spent a loooooooong night at Dixie Chicken.
As a fanbase, they are interesting.

Reactions: agentbear

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
I don’t miss the old big 12 at all.
1) Big 8
2) Big 12 now
3) Old Big 12

I agree - I don't hate them. Also just disappointed in them that they left. Understand how they might have felt they could never get fair treatment in the conference with Texas there. We know we don't get fair treatment with the officiating although Friday was better than in the past.