I am just Glad

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Ive always wondered why people on this board just love to kiss jon millers butt so much and so hard and for so long!!!

Maybe...Could Be ....Closet Hawk Fans.....

No, they aren't Closet Hawk Fans. This has to do with having an inferiority complex towards the Hawkeyes. Then, when a Hawkeye radio guy talks up ISU like Miller did all off-season, they somehow feel vindicated. This is much the same with when individuals get excited because the national media says something good about ISU.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
What???? The Iowa guys are homers? Who would have thought that? (Can't say I've ever heard ISU's announcers show bias.:nah:) You know that when you turn them on, why ***** about it? Unless of course, the reason you listen to them is so you CAN ***** about them.

I could careless about the bias. Its the ripping on ISU, its team, and its fans long after the game that ****** me off. Like I said I only listened to a few mins to see the pulse of Hawkeye nation and got that crap.

I love post loss rants that are directed at those having absolutely no impact on the game.

Yes but those making those comments are the leaders of Hawkeye nation and idlols of many of their fans. It shows why Iowa fans are so classy towards ISU fans, something we have to deal with 365 days a year.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Get over it, Whitver was doing the same thing on the Cyclones call-in show. Stop acting like that type of thing doesn't go both ways.

Either I'm a magnet for Hawk jerks or the percentage of jerk fans of Hawk nation is larger than most. Seems like no matther how much I try to avoid contact let alone confrontation with random hawk fan it seems to find me. Yesterday when I was pulling out of the parking a couple of hawk fans started slapping my car and spilled beer on it - I did nothing to provoke this and this is just one incident. I try not to be a hater but it keeps getting more and more difficult.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Why do you guys rip Miller? He's a Hawk fan and he's giddy that his team won - what's wrong with that? He is respectful and complementary to the opponents after the game.

Zabel on the other hand needs to hang it up. His blatant back hand complements are really hard to listen to. Even yesterday during soundoff he kept indirectly ripping on UNI still after last week. Hawk fans will defend it but they would understand how bad it is if they could step out of their Hawk fandom just once.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Sorry charlie, Walters did the following 3 things today...called an ISU player stupid, bitched about the no-call on the DJK touchdown, and spent a considerable amount of time ******** about Wegher's knee being down.

Also, Ben Bruns claimed right before halftime that ISU was "dominating" despite being behind in total yardage, 1st downs, etc...and repeated that in the 3rd quarter when Iowa was up 28-3.

So, let me get this straight...............you listened to an ISU broadcast of the game?

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I expect every annoouncer to be a homer to some degree but the Iowa crew is among the worst when it comes to being over the top kool-aid drinkers. Dolph is a bad football announcer and a terrible BB announcer. Every time Iowa makes a play he makes it sound super human.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Why do you guys rip Miller? He's a Hawk fan and he's giddy that his team won - what's wrong with that? He is respectful and complementary to the opponents after the game.

Zabel on the other hand needs to hang it up. His blatant back hand complements are really hard to listen to. Even yesterday during soundoff he kept indirectly ripping on UNI still after last week. Hawk fans will defend it but they would understand how bad it is if they could step out of their Hawk fandom just once.

Why do you support Miller? He was laughing at what Zabble and the play by play guy was saying about ISU and its fans. He doenst give a rats *** about ISU and it shows. When he does say good things about ISU most of the time it is in a smart *** way.

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
I expect every annoouncer to be a homer to some degree but the Iowa crew is among the worst when it comes to being over the top kool-aid drinkers. Dolph is a bad football announcer and a terrible BB announcer. Every time Iowa makes a play he makes it sound super human.

It's not that he makes the play sound superhuman but as a Hawk fan there are too many times that I have NO FREAKING IDEA WHERE THE BALL IS!!!!! That's my biggest complaint with Dolphin is. As for all the other complaints and ******** about announcers being biased...........they should be, why should they cheer or give props to their opponents, their opponents aren't writing their checks.

Gizmo

Mar 11, 2006
Urbandale
Why bother complaining on this site about Miller or other Hawk lovers. You have a better way to get even with them. Stop listening. They are not worth the time and effort to argue over.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa

If you actually believe that Miller is honestly respectful and complimentary to ISU man you must not be paying attention. Anything he does is simply an attempt to appease ISU listeners and keep them tuning in. I have no doubt about his true thoughts concerning ISU. He is a Hawk fan who didn't attend school there, in other words a typical one. Does anybody else know fans like that who do not absolutely loathe ISU? Exactly.

Wake up people. Hawk fans absolutely hate ISU. No problem with that, but don't pretend it isn't there.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
If you actually believe that Miller is honestly respectful and complimentary to ISU man you must not be paying attention. Anything he does is simply an attempt to appease ISU listeners and keep them tuning in. I have no doubt about his true thoughts concerning ISU. He is a Hawk fan who didn't attend school there, in other words a typical one. Does anybody else know fans like that who do not absolutely loathe ISU? Exactly.

Wake up people. Hawk fans absolutely hate ISU. No problem with that, but don't pretend it isn't there.

What this is is the Cy-Hawk world through your own viewpoint, and how you feel about it, therefore you cannot comprehend if others don't share the loathing and hatred you do for the other side, therefore it's not possible to actually like anyone or anything to do with the other side.

The only things about Iowa State that I don't like are the small segment of fans that are jerks, small minded, radical haters...and I don't like that segment of the Iowa fanbase, or any fanbase

Legend12

May 9, 2008
He is a Hawk fan who didn't attend school there, in other words a typical one. Does anybody else know fans like that who do not absolutely loathe ISU? Exactly.

Yep, I know quite a few to be honest with you.

Next question.

TheGovernator

Nov 5, 2008

What I've bolded basically means you have a very weak argument. If ISU had success above the norm for their position in the college football/basketball ranks, they would be in the same boat with fans who did not attend the university.

What about people who chose to go elsewhere because of their major? What about kids who haven't had the chance to attend college yet? What you and so many others fail to grasp is that going to a University doesn't make one any more of a fan than ones who didn't.

Believe it or not, non-ISU grads who support Iowa State have money that's worth the same as ISU grads. Maybe if ISU fans would be grateful for their support instead of alienating them, perhaps there would be more of an ISU following. It would make me mad if I were a dentist who went to Iowa, but is an ISU fan if I was told I am not welcome because I didn't attend ISU.

While we're on the subject, might as well give Mr. Jacbson those millions he donated to ISU because he didn't attend the University.

cy2win

May 15, 2006
What I've bolded basically means you have a very weak argument. If ISU had success above the norm for their position in the college football/basketball ranks, they would be in the same boat with fans who did not attend the university.

What about people who chose to go elsewhere because of their major? What about kids who haven't had the chance to attend college yet? What you and so many others fail to grasp is that going to a University doesn't make one any more of a fan than ones who didn't.

Believe it or not, non-ISU grads who support Iowa State have money that's worth the same as ISU grads. Maybe if ISU fans would be grateful for their support instead of alienating them, perhaps there would be more of an ISU following. It would make me mad if I were a dentist who went to Iowa, but is an ISU fan if I was told I am not welcome because I didn't attend ISU.

While we're on the subject, might as well give Mr. Jacbson those millions he donated to ISU because he didn't attend the University.

This is correct until there is one more line that gets crossed. That is when the fan who never attended or graduated from Iowa or any college starts disrespecting Iowa State as if they are some kind of expert on degree offerings or campus life. Topics such as Land Grant College are thrown around like we are Nazis or something. I have yet to completely understand where this hate for Land Grant schools comes from. In fact, the very people that these schools were meant to help are the same people that are ridiculing them. I understand some of them just like to pull chains, but quite frankly, the majority of these Iowa State haters are completely serious.

Legend12

May 9, 2008

Exactly. Both schools would be in dire straits without the donations from those who did not graduate from their respective school.

Legend12

May 9, 2008
This is correct until there is one more line that gets crossed. That is when the fan who never attended or graduated from Iowa or any college starts disrespecting Iowa State as if they are some kind of expert on degree offerings or campus life. Topics such as Land Grant College are thrown around like we are Nazis or something. I have yet to completely understand where this hate for Land Grant schools comes from. In fact, the very people that these schools were meant to help are the same people that are ridiculing them. I understand some of them just like to pull chains, but quite frankly, the majority of these Iowa State haters are completely serious.[/QUOTE]

And the same can be said of the portion of the ISU fanbase that hates everything Hawkeye.

Luckily for us it seems to be a pretty small portion of each group that acts like that and the majority of us can root on the school we so desire and enjoy some good natured ribbing back and forth.

The fact is, way too many people place a a certain amount of their self-worth on how their teams fare, and that is sad. I'm not a better person when the Hawks or Cyclones win, and and I am not a worse person when they lose.

I root for Iowa as I born and raised in the Iowa City area...and I've always cheered for ISU when they weren't playing Iowa. I now live in Ames and know many coaches and players and the line between "favorite" gets kinda blurry at times, but I am thankful that a state the size of Iowa has 2 athletic departments like IA and ISU because that is just more opportunities for Iowa kids to achieve their dream of playing D-1 sports.

Unfortunately, many fans (on both sides) too often forget that it is about the kids, and not about the fans.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The only things about Iowa State that I don't like are the small segment of fans that are jerks, small minded, radical haters...and I don't like that segment of the Iowa fanbase, or any fanbase

Why do you laugh and joke with Zable and Iowa's play by play guy when they make off remarks about ISU and their fan base? If that is the way you really feel? I can handle some being made fun of I get it a lot from Iowa fans, but I do feel some comments made on your show yesterday really crossed the line. All you did was sit back and laugh and joke that you would use those lines at a later time. Why not tell the great ones that it is not 15 years ago and those comments shouldnt be made?

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I think arguing about this is pathetic....radio annoncers are no better then any of us..so who cares what they say

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
who cares about radio announcers...they had NO impact on the game.

It always seems to happen that the team with less turnovers wins the game. Congrats to the Hawks on a win.