I am calling on Pollard to dump KXNO

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
That still makes him less powerful than Craig James*.

* unless you follow the "two hookers = one people" rule, then JP wins out.

craigjames.jpg

Reactions: CyDude16

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
1. The game was terrible. No reason for anyone to say nice things about this football team right now.

2. That being said, while I don't think it is out of line for KXNO staff to call out Iowa State and/or the coaches, this type of crap NEVER happens on WHO which is the Hawk station.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
1. The game was terrible. No reason for anyone to say nice things about this football team right now.

2. That being said, while I don't think it is out of line for KXNO staff to call out Iowa State and/or the coaches, this type of crap NEVER happens on WHO which is the Hawk station.

Does WHO have any sports related programming?

edit: not including actually airing the games/postgame stuff.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
They will tremble and shake if we threaten to take WBB away from them for trashing the FB program.

And removing our products from the dominate Des Moines sports station and powerful FM #3 rated radio station in town, owned by Clear Channel, is always smart too.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
What do you expect them to say about the game? Should it be Cyclone therapy hour?

Today's show was probably one of their better rated shows. Everyone (including myself) who tuned in - was listening to the train wreck (so to speak). Miller and Brinson are not shock-jocks, but they're also not Murph N Andy.

when the hawks lose to Central Michigan, or during Rhabdo-gate - they KILLED the University of Iowa.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Bill Snyder's been on the list mulitple times, keeps coming back.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Are 57945 threads about firing a man named Courtney necessary?

I find the offensive woes of ISU to be about 20,000 times as important as some dumb show on a bad radio station, so I'd say it's about right.

XD40

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2008
Urbandale
Everything Miller and Brinson said today was a 100% true. More feel sorry for us talk from some fans.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Miller's weakly veiled contempt for Aaron White gives him a lifetime pass in my book.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Removing isu women's hoops fro KXNO would be amazing. Can't stand when they block regular programming

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
lol...Ask Jamie about bringing back baseball, and the cold hot chocolate during the November games, as a lead-in

Bringing back baseball - that's my favorite. Nothing's better than watching your team get obliterated with 6 other fans in 40 degree weather.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
I didn't hear you tonight call in to his radio show with John Miller. It is what it is and sports radio shows has every right to critique the games, no different then you do or anyone else. Stop being a bunch of hypocritical arm chair quarterbacks. We're down right now and let's support the effort and team so whatever radio station can say some positives about the team. We got our *sses beat bad by Baylor. So the F what. Let's move on and back our Cyclones with + vibes. Let's not be a bunch Hawkeye bandwagoners.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I didn't have any problems with what they said about the football team, but Miller went after ISU fans pretty hard and it was a lot of BS IMO. He kept saying we as fans just keep making excuses (and he said ALL ISU fans mind you) and was really ripping us. Kept saying we need to hold someone accountable, but then went on to say firing Rhoads isn't the answer. First off, his assertion we are ALL ok with the program is a complete strawman argument. We are like any other fan base, everything from sun shine pumpers to constant comlainers, but there is a lot of ******** and discontent about the direction of the football program. Also, who are we suppose to hold accountable if not Rhoads? Mess? Many fans have been calling for Mess's head since the middle of last season. Miller is probably getting at going after Pollard. He has a real axe to grind with him. Either way, his attack of the fans and the general vitriol was uncalled for IMO.

Plus, I get sick of how they let Hawk fans call in posing as ISU fans and not call them out on it. Some of the statements made by supposed ISU fans are just ridiculous. I would like to add I am a fan of the show, and listen most days. I also think the op's assertion we should somehow cut ties with KXNO is ridiculous.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron