I am calling for a fan strike for the TCU game.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Your thread sucks here's some yoga pants to make it better:

Yoga-Pants-25.jpg

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
So are we boycotting Buffalo Wild Wings, Fareway and Iowa State Football games now?

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
How is the tailgating for Drake? At this point, that's what my money is buying me. I haven't missed a home game in 15 years and can't see myself missing one in the near future.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Lincoln needs a strike too.
NW beating Huskers by three with one minute to play.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
I was going to just leave it at my "go away" flippant blow-off comment, but a minute or so has passed, and I just got more and more angry with every tick of the clock. So, now, I can't just let it sit.

***** ******* ******! Mail your ticket in to the ticket office? Just show up and tailgate, but don't go in? What the blue **** people?!?! Who are we, ****ing Hawkeyes? Have a down year, and all of a sudden the coach that we worshiped for years is on the hotseat? We have DAILY MELTDOWN THREADS on hear during the spring and summer about rumors of CPR getting hired somewhere else! Are we happy with the product on the field? **** no. Is it CPR's fault? Yes! But what good will mailing our tickets back do? What good will not coming into the stadium on game day do?

Do you honestly think that the football staff, the athletic department, or Jim the Blind Deaf and Dumb Janitor are confused about our reaction to the product on the field? Do you think one of Jamie Pollard's interns is going to open the mail, see a ticket with a note about not coming back until Mess is fired, and have to be the one to break the news to JP that the fans aren't happy? Do you think anyone who gets paid by us buying tickets thinks that their paychecks will last too much longer if the product doesn't improve?

So, what would sending your ticket back do? What would not coming in the stadium do? Well, for starters, it would show just how fair weather we have become. I mean, seriously, did you jump on the ISU bandwagon because we're a powerhouse program, and all of a sudden you're shocked because the boat is rocking? If you did, man, did you fail at your research. We're mother ******* Iowa State. We have a VERY HARD ROAD to success. If you're only willing to cheer for ISU when we're going bowling, than I think I need to introduce you to a fan base in Lincoln. Can you imagine CPR going out on the recruiting trips and trying to explain to a recruit why our fans mailed their tickets back? You don't think that other teams would use that against us? And then let's look at what that does to the kids we've already got here. And before you even say "losing those kids wouldn't hurt, they suck," just don't. This is football. The only way to get better at football, as a team, is to play, and play together. Starting from scratch is a very bad thing. Very very bad. But how are we going to keep the players that are already here getting developed if we strike because we don't like the offense. I wouldn't stick around.

I am so embarrassed by a the actions and attitudes of a lot of the fans on this site. We're having a bad year. I get it. We're disappointed. I get it. Stop acting like toolbags. Stop acting like spoiled children. A run of .500 years isn't enough to be spoiled. Suck it up, do our parts, be good fans, and let a coach we worshiped as our football messiah for the last 4 previous years fix his mistakes and get better.

*****!

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
I was going to just leave it at my "go away" flippant blow-off comment, but a minute or so has passed, and I just got more and more angry with every tick of the clock. So, now, I can't just let it sit.

***** ******* ******! Mail your ticket in to the ticket office? Just show up and tailgate, but don't go in? What the blue **** people?!?! Who are we, ****ing Hawkeyes? Have a down year, and all of a sudden the coach that we worshiped for years is on the hotseat? We have DAILY MELTDOWN THREADS on hear during the spring and summer about rumors of CPR getting hired somewhere else! Are we happy with the product on the field? **** no. Is it CPR's fault? Yes! But what good will mailing our tickets back do? What good will not coming into the stadium on game day do?

Do you honestly think that the football staff, the athletic department, or Jim the Blind Deaf and Dumb Janitor are confused about our reaction to the product on the field? Do you think one of Jamie Pollard's interns is going to open the mail, see a ticket with a note about not coming back until Mess is fired, and have to be the one to break the news to JP that the fans aren't happy? Do you think anyone who gets paid by us buying tickets thinks that their paychecks will last too much longer if the product doesn't improve?

So, what would sending your ticket back do? What would not coming in the stadium do? Well, for starters, it would show just how fair weather we have become. I mean, seriously, did you jump on the ISU bandwagon because we're a powerhouse program, and all of a sudden you're shocked because the boat is rocking? If you did, man, did you fail at your research. We're mother ******* Iowa State. We have a VERY HARD ROAD to success. If you're only willing to cheer for ISU when we're going bowling, than I think I need to introduce you to a fan base in Lincoln. Can you imagine CPR going out on the recruiting trips and trying to explain to a recruit why our fans mailed their tickets back? You don't think that other teams would use that against us? And then let's look at what that does to the kids we've already got here. And before you even say "losing those kids wouldn't hurt, they suck," just don't. This is football. The only way to get better at football, as a team, is to play, and play together. Starting from scratch is a very bad thing. Very very bad. But how are we going to keep the players that are already here getting developed if we strike because we don't like the offense. I wouldn't stick around.

I am so embarrassed by a the actions and attitudes of a lot of the fans on this site. We're having a bad year. I get it. We're disappointed. I get it. Stop acting like toolbags. Stop acting like spoiled children. A run of .500 years isn't enough to be spoiled. Suck it up, do our parts, be good fans, and let a coach we worshiped as our football messiah for the last 4 previous years fix his mistakes and get better.

*****!

your rant syncs perfectly with your avatar.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
We need everyone with a ticket to mail it back to the ticket office and attach a note saying you will not return to the stadium if Messingham is still on the coaching staff. This crap has gone on long enough.

No thanks.

Mess won't be around next year. Go to support the players and school. Fans not showing up does zero good.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Mess needs to go, but you don't boycott JTS because an O coordinator sucks. These kids deserve support. They will get it here, as opposed to MOST other places, regardless of their W/L record. Anyway, 4 of our 6 homes games are done. There are only 2 left to attend for 9 months. Iowa State football > no ISU football.

See all you real fans at the last two tailgates/home games! I'll be there.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
ISU Padre alert-

Requesting the Emperor with, "Yes, yes, let the stupid flow through you".

allday4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 25, 2012
Waterloo, IA
We need everyone with a ticket to mail it back to the ticket office and attach a note saying you will not return to the stadium if Messingham is still on the coaching staff. This crap has gone on long enough.

I am calling for you to play in traffic. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron