I almost got hit by an old man! Section N

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Just posted this in the Leaving early thread, but now realized I was too lazy to see this thread first...
We chose to keep the seats that we have had for many years and increased our donation, but noticed many new faces around us when we arrived at the game last night. No problem at first with our new neighbors until once the game started and we were doing our part in cheering on our beloved Cyclones. We heard a voice from behind us yell "Everybody sits, everybody sees, it's the Drake Relays policy!!!" Drake Freakin Relays? How does anyone compare ISU football to the Relays?
I'm not sure that having 44K people in JTS from the opening kickoff to the final play is enough. What we really need is fans who want to be part of something bigger and wnat to make the gameday atmosphere at JTS something that others envy and if you want to SIT and watch a football game, you have 2 choices. 1) Stay home with your remote in hand so you only have to yell at your dog for being an obstacle to your observation(and not participation) in a football game 2) Pony up and buy a suite at JTS so that you can SIT there and watch the game without anyone in front of you standing up to block your view!

Go State and Go home fans who don't want to stand!!!

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I'm not sure that having 44K people in JTS from the opening kickoff to the final play is enough. What we really need is fans who want to be part of something bigger and wnat to make the gameday atmosphere at JTS something that others envy and if you want to SIT and watch a football game, you have 2 choices. 1) Stay home with your remote in hand so you only have to yell at your dog for being an obstacle to your observation(and not participation) in a football game 2) Pony up and buy a suite at JTS so that you can SIT there and watch the game without anyone in front of you standing up to block your view.
Ideally there would be a third option of getting tickets in a section where it was known beforehand that sitting was the expected norm. Conversely, those who want to stand could get tickets to a section where standing was expected.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
At about 6 oclock I was standing in the lot that is directly east of the Jacobson building and some kid in a SDSU shirt came sprinting by us with a dead serious look on his face and about 15 yards behind him was a Sheriff sprinting after him, with the same look on his face. They were dodging in and out of cars, as the SDSU fan sprinted north towards Hilton. And the funniest thing was about 50 yards behind the Sheriff, another Sheriff was walking and he just said, "I'm too old to run, I've got my radio." It was so funny! After realizing what happened, I kind of wish I would have taken the SDSU fan out to help out the Sheriff. Anyways, that SDSU fan probably spent the game and last night in Jail.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
My fiance and I were sitting in row 22, seats 30 and 31, in section N. I didn't see the dispute, but almost had one of my own with a blue hair. He seemed to think we should fire people who call time out in the first quarter of the first game of the season when we are at the goal line. Brilliant.