I’m Still a Man- 15 Year Anniversary

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
If you have a mullet, you're still trying to convince yourself that you're a man.
AhHa! Half man, half wo-m.., ehr, Sampson! Yeah, that's it! :p

I shouldn't joke. I still have long hair from Covid. But that was less of an excuse in that I just didn't want to cut my hair anymore, wanted to grow it long.

I like this way now. I'm retired. Don't have to work, go anywhere (every day anyway). Besides if I was still working I think I'd still have long hair.

Mullet, ... ah, no.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm and Jer

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I'm torn on Gundy, he obviously supports his players but know plenty of people in Stillwater that just have interesting stories of him and his arrogance.

Was eating at Louie's in Stillwater one time when Gundy and his boys and a number of his boys friends come in to eat. Gundy picks a seat that is directly under a picture of him under center with Barry Sanders behind him. He sits quietly and doesn't say much while his kids and their friends treat the entire restaurant and their staff like absolute crap and trash the whole area they are in. Basically the whole staff had to help in keeping those kids demands met, Gundy doesn't say a word.

The OSU grads I was eating with said that they all love Gundy as a coach but he's got somewhat of a local reputation as a POS.

• Wow
Reactions: BigCyFan and Jer

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I'm torn on Gundy, he obviously supports his players but know plenty of people in Stillwater that just have interesting stories of him and his arrogance.

Was eating at Louie's in Stillwater one time when Gundy and his boys and a number of his boys friends come in to eat. Gundy picks a seat that is directly under a picture of him under center with Barry Sanders behind him. He sits quietly and doesn't say much while his kids and their friends treat the entire restaurant and their staff like absolute crap and trash the whole area they are in. Basically the whole staff had to help in keeping those kids demands met, Gundy doesn't say a word.

The OSU grads I was eating with said that they all love Gundy as a coach but he's got somewhat of a local reputation as a POS.
I was in Stillwater when Les Miles was coaching. Met 2 former lineman and some rich donor, no not Pickens. Anyway they bought all ours drinks and we crashed at the fb playera house. Anywho no one liked Les Miles.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

From my encounters, even the most down-to-earth acting coaches are still arrogant in many situations. I think it's actually a prerequisite to some degree. Thinking you or your team can take on the world, nobody can stop you, etc many times stems from arrogance. Not always of course.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I was in Stillwater when Les Miles was coaching. Met 2 former lineman and some rich donor, no not Pickens. Anyway they bought all ours drinks and we crashed at the fb playera house. Anywho no one liked Les Miles.
I think that's a given with any OSU fan. I don't know anyone that has a good thing to say about Miles.

On a side note, got to go into T Boone's suite for awhile during the ISU win at OSU in 2018. Unfortunately he didn't feel good enough that morning to make the trip up from Dallas. Still cool to hang out with the AD for awhile though.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyCrazy

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Yeah, Les Miles doesn't even attempt to hide his off-the-charts arrogance. I used to like LSU but won't even watch them going forward just because of him.

Reactions: CyCrazy

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
time flies, I was just posting if we missed the "I'm 50" anniversary and it's freaking 55.

"I'm a man i'm 60" will be here soon.

I think it's much better than AI's "Practice" or Herm Edwards "play to win the game". It's a great one.

I was always a fan of this one:

Help Support Us

Become a patron