• Team B

Votes: 69 52.7%

• Total voters

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Team A. Purdy makes better decisions than Wallace. Lazard may not be as flashy as Butler, but he’s clutch AF. Montgomery would still be a beast with our O-line, he breaks tackles like a mother f’er, and never ******* fumbles.

Reactions: Nothingman

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Team A. Purdy Good.

Purdy at QB has beaten every team in the Big XII. Don’t think he has ever been in a complete blowout.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wallace never had a roster like the 2020 one though. I would have loved to see what he could do with a good line and skill position players.

His junior year they had a nice run game. Otherwise yeah the depth and overall roster was night and day.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
If both sets of players all had their best days? I'd go with B. More overall athleticism.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
His junior year they had a nice run game. Otherwise yeah the depth and overall roster was night and day.

Had Ennis Haywood as RB his junior year. And in his senior year we played the tough teams from the Big XII. We lost 6 out of last 7 games. Including a loss to a not very good UConn team. And some bad blowouts to Oklahoma and K-State.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Breece vs David is toss up

Lazard over Hakeem easily

it hinges here though: You can’t easily compare Brock and Seneca. They are completely different QBs, playing in completely different systems with teams made up way differently.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
A.

I know Lazard would catch in any situation and not just a go route, Montgomery would be great with an actual line. Purdy is Purdy. He’s the best QB in the history in the program and it’s not even close.

Reactions: CyTwins

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I don't think it as clear cut as most think it is. I would probably go B, Senaca was good and Butler didnt drop half his passes. With 2020 roster, you still have X as the reliable get me a first down guy and Butler is your through it up from grabs and let him manhandle guys. With a roster that had another deep threat, I would go A.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
That is a really tough choice.....

Team A would be the more stable choice.... higher floor, lower ceiling.

Team B would be the more risky, but possibly amazing choice..... lower floor, but higher possible ceiling.

I think I'd have to go with Team A if my job was on the line..... but man..... Team B would be so fun to watch and would be so dynamic.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Seneca had a stronger arm, was a better, faster runner and was nearly as accurate as Purdy, though his stats didn't show it. It was a different era then, where most of the throws were downfield. You didn't see all the WR screens and tunnel screens you see now. Lot of slants and button hooks and go routes, etc. And Seneca also didn't have that one dominant WR, though he had some steady Eddy types.

Also, given a choice between two RBs who are both really good, I'll take the fastest one every time. For that reason, I think I'd pick B.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Wallace, IMO, was better than Purdy. Faster, quicker, better arm. He also didn't have the players around him, or the coaching that Purdy has. Breece over David. Just feel he is better all around than David. Butler was more explosive than Lazard. And lets not pretend that Lazard never dropped passes.

Just my opinion. Also, a lot of people, including myself, are forgetting about Troy Davis. o_O

Reactions: ISUEmbassy

ISUEmbassy

Jun 13, 2014
Seneca had a stronger arm, was a better, faster runner and was nearly as accurate as Purdy, though his stats didn't show it. It was a different era then, where most of the throws were downfield. You didn't see all the WR screens and tunnel screens you see now. Lot of slants and button hooks and go routes, etc. And Seneca also didn't have that one dominant WR, though he had some steady Eddy types.

Also, given a choice between two RBs who are both really good, I'll take the fastest one every time. For that reason, I think I'd pick B.

Wallace was 4th round draft pick i think, and played 9 or so seasons in the NFL. Best athlete on the field in most games in college. I absolutely love Brock but I'd take Seneca 10/10 times