Hurricane Ian's destruction

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Found out my friend lost everything (house and belongings) but some how her boat which she had tied up somewhere survived.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Interesting town

But how did they have power during the storm when it was cloudy and raining with no sun?

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
Interesting town

I guarantee they paid for that article. That place is weird. It's in the middle of nowhere, about an hr from the River District in Ft Myers. Their planned subdivisions go on for miles and miles, all laid out already. Never seen anything like it.

• Dumb
Reactions: wxman1 and alarson

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I guarantee they paid for that article. That place is weird. It's in the middle of nowhere, about an hr from the River District in Ft Myers. Their planned subdivisions go on for miles and miles, all laid out already. Never seen anything like it.
Paid CBS and CNN? I have no doubt they revealed their lack of damage to the news orgs.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I guarantee solar power isn't the enemy Fox and the coal industry make it out to be. Use your own brain.

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
I guarantee solar power isn't the enemy Fox and the coal industry make it out to be. Use your own brain.
Who said anything about solar? If you've been in the area there's advertising for Babcock Ranch everywhere. I was saying the place is weird and full of empty lots. Idgaf about solar vs coal.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
And welcome to, "you thought you had insurance?, lol".

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Who said anything about solar? If you've been in the area there's advertising for Babcock Ranch everywhere. I was saying the place is weird and full of empty lots. Idgaf about solar vs coal.
Looking at a satellite view, it does indeed look strange.

You can look at somewhat similar places in west Texas and Arizona too. All plotted out, but nothing there. It’s eerie.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Looking at a satellite view, it does indeed look strange.

You can look at somewhat similar places in west Texas and Arizona too. All plotted out, but nothing there. It’s eerie.

So does any development where they build all the infrastructure and then take years (if not decades depending on the economic environment) to fill it in.

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
So does any development where they build all the infrastructure and then take years (if not decades depending on the economic environment) to fill it in.
I've just never seen it done in the middle of nowhere, and certainly not on that scale. Anyways enough of Babcock Ranch lol.

Reactions: wxman1

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Interesting article. Pine Island hasn't gotten much news coverage, or help from the sounds of it. Much lower property values here than the surrounding area https://www.news-press.com/story/we...-threatened-cajun-navy-volunteers/8181828001/
This is a really bad look.

“We have very skilled special ops teams, horseback teams, we have the best of the best SAR (Search and Rescue) teams on the ground,” said Leatherman-Toby. “This is what we do. We should be able to work with the local law enforcement and local government like we have in Alabama, Louisiana, Houston.

“We usually are welcomed by the local government and law enforcement, but in this case, we have been turned away at every corner we’ve come around.”

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I've just never seen it done in the middle of nowhere, and certainly not on that scale. Anyways enough of Babcock Ranch lol.

Stop going down a rabbit hole? You realize this is CF right?

• Haha
Reactions: CyPhallus

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron