Hunter Knighton, o-line grad transfer visits ISU

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I am excited to see if Foster and Forbes are ready to play next year. Rewatching Forbes' highlight tape, he is big and very athletic. He could be a real surprise. I am also wondering if Soehner will stay at TE or move to OL. Another good athlete with size.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
True freshmen based on the depth charts. I agree that it is not ideal to start a freshman on the OL and that it is probably the toughest place for a freshman to play, but if you can recruit a better football player than we have historically recruited the gap between a freshman and a junior might not be great. It may be that Chandler and Munford may just be more physically gifted than some of our current guys. Yes, physical strength is important but a better athlete with similar size will be able to do things the less talented older guys can't.

Chandler may be a 3 star, but his offers say he is not our typical OL recruit. Same with Munford. Both guys already have D1 size and both are great athletes for that size.

A lot of guys in high school now come in with the size needed to play right away. Meeker came to ISU at 6'5" 300 lbs and a 3 star. But he redshirted, and played sparingly this year in his second year.

Just because you come in with the size needed doesn't mean you are ready. Most of our true freshman OL come in with enough size these days.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I am excited to see if Foster and Forbes are ready to play next year. Rewatching Forbes' highlight tape, he is big and very athletic. He could be a real surprise. I am also wondering if Soehner will stay at TE or move to OL. Another good athlete with size.

Foster, Forbes, and Mueller will all see the field next year at some point.

Reactions: bozclone

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Five years ago I heard this staff say that a to be frosh would be starting in the NFL after college. I thought it was possible, but didn't understand why they could say that when he was a young 280 lb guy. I asked my son and he said it was his feet or mobility. He started four years and was MAC most valuable player his senior year. Now, starting center in NFL. This leads me to say, look hard at the young guys. I'm guessing some will be ready.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
If memory serves me correctly, Texas started a true freshman at center last season. He made some mistakes but on the whole played very well.

• Dislike
Reactions: jdobre

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron