Hunter Cash

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

coyoteclone

Jan 7, 2009
Sorry is his has been covered, but any ideas how much Hunter received for trans to Texas?

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
b32.jpg

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
If I had to guess, a $500k windfall is a life changing amount of money for at least 75% of Americans. It still sucks for ISU but maybe it helped his family as well. We’ll see if that was only a short term gain at the cost of future NBA money. There’s no denying ISU has had a much better 10 year stretch putting talent in the NBA vs Texa$ and their oil money.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
If I had to guess, a $500k windfall is a life changing amount of money for at least 75% of Americans. It still sucks for ISU but maybe it helped his family as well. We’ll see if that was only a short term gain at the cost of future NBA money. There’s no denying ISU has had a much better 10 year stretch putting talent in the NBA vs Texa$ and their oil money.
He has a very low chance of making to the NBA no matter where he plays.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
This is no longer sour grapes because my feelings have faded, mostly due to Lipsey’s great play and this teams great season thus far. He’s just not that good though. He has a hard time really affecting the game offensively because he doesn’t finish at the rim and is loose with the ball. Im sure he’s still an asset defensively but it certainly doesn’t jump off the screen.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
He has a very low chance of making to the NBA no matter where he plays.
And maybe he realized that and is taking the money where he can. Who knows. I just hope that if Texas comes back to Hilton next year (assuming they play in Hilton after conference expansion), the students don’t ridicule him this time. They got their chance and ISU won, let him be this time.

Reactions: Proton and madguy30

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Yeah, hard to blame him for taking that kind of money. Its what came after that pissed a lot of people off.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
And maybe he realized that and is taking the money where he can. Who knows. I just hope that if Texas comes back to Hilton next year (assuming they play in Hilton after conference expansion), the students don’t ridicule him this time. They got their chance and ISU won, let him be this time.
Few things in life are guaranteed. That amount of money, when well managed, can be transformational. I don't believe I've ever faulted him for leaving, but do wish he had left the big 12

Reactions: besserheimerphat

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
After Gonzaga game, many people including some ISU fans thought he vastly improved his shooting and is likely a first round pick. Now his overall shooting percentage fell below 40% and is slightly worse than his freshman year.