Huggins throws gigantic shade at ex player

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Essentially, Huggins is saying the Calipari outbid him in buying the influence of outsiders.
Say what you want about Huggins but it is difficult for me to believe there is a ton of cheating going on in West Virginia. He doesn't have those types of shady assistants anymore and honestly it appears Huggins is just tired of those games. He has gotten far more 3 stars at West Virginia and developed them rather than the type of recruits at Duke, Kentucky or Kansas. Oscar wanted more minutes but how can you play Oscar and Culver next to each other and still create driving lanes. Culver was frankly outperforming Oscar and Oscar's crew wasn't happy about 20 minutes of playing time.
The problem is that he will run into the same issues at Kentucky. I think Huggins is just pissed at the fact Oscar's crew got a kick back as a result of the recruiting out of the transfer portal. It's not going to be a better situation for the young man.

• Informative
Reactions: JBone84

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I'm all for players having the right to transfer and seek other opportunities along with getting $$$.

I just want 100% transperancy. If you got paid to transfer, say so. If you took money out of high school. Just say so.

To me it is the cowards who hide from this. Be a man and own up to what you're doing

A lot of players could benefit their families by taking money. Good on them for taking care of their family. Just own it.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Jay Bilas surely has an explanation for why Huggs thinks this way since Bilas has been the mouthpiece for free market transfers.

Anyone with half a wit knew that money-changers would be all over these youngsters to transfer to Auburn, UK, Ku, TxT, or wherever.

It's going to turn the game to darker places than Adidas buying Ku talent. And I didn't think that was possible.
Why are all of your posts in italics?

CompCy

Apr 7, 2006
Ames
Every time I scroll past this in the recent threads list, I think it says "Huggins throws gigantic axe at player."

Then I get disappointed when I realize it's a thread about a transferring player.

• Haha
Reactions: JP4CY

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
This is so dumb. I mean, unless he was miserable playing for Huggy, which I could get, what makes him think playing at UK would give him so much more exposure to NBA scouts than he would get at WVU? I know WVU isn't necessarily an NBA-factory, but they have put guys in the league.
I think he has some people in his ear. I think they wanted him to turn pro last year and now they are blaming Huggy for Oscar's slow start to this year when in reality it is on him. He doesn't appear to have improved and doesn't look like he is putting the all out effort in like he did last year.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Every time I scroll past this in the recent threads list, I think it says "Huggins throws gigantic axe at player."

Then I get disappointed when I realize it's a thread about a transferring player.
LOL