Huggins' post-game press conference

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
"Probably shouldn't have taken?" It would be incredibly dumb if it was a flop. Calls were not going our way and it left the shooter wide open.

I think Hoiberg was being kind on the radio.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
I disagree. I watched the slow motion and normal speed many times. When you flob your head doesn't snap back like Kories did.

I'm with you...

If you want to see a flop watch the WV guard on the in bounds play when Lucious pushed him (when the Clones got 3 fouls in a row)...Lucious did push off but that dude looked like he'd been shot out of a cannon...Korie isn't that freakin' strong...

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I'm with you here. They showed that replay lots of times and every time I thought it was a legit pushoff and not a flop by KL.

Fred called it a flop by Korie on his post game comments on the radio. (edit: sorry, didn't read the whole thread, someone already posted this.)

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I'm with you here. They showed that replay lots of times and every time I thought it was a legit pushoff and not a flop by KL.

That was absolutely a push-off, and only a delusional Huggy Bear could possibly contend there was a foul on the last shot. Now, KL should have played through the push-off instead of trying to get the foul call, as those refs had already proven over the 39 minutes that they were incompetent.

fwiw

May 20, 2009
Poor Huggie ... a meaner version of Bob Knight.

But I thought his comments about it being a different league and having to play small were interesting. He was clearly ticked at his post players, but it was as if he didn't realize his team didn't fit the style of play in the league ... plus implied his bigs weren't coachable and were going to sit for the rest of the year.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Flop or no flop, the thought to take a flop doesn't even cross your mind until you feel contact- in this case an elbow to the chest. Was there enough to actually knock KL to the floor? No idea. But typically when a offensive player raises his elbow to create separation, there's a good chance you see a charging call. But not in this case, which probably surprised a lot of people, including some on the WVU bench.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Hell, and after watching the DVR replay just now, it was much more than an elbow. It was a fully extended arm with a hand into KL's gut. He got the separation he needed. Mission accomplished, I guess. Amazing that wasn't called.

ce1

Mar 23, 2006
Minnesota
Huggins reminds me a lot of Johnny Orr, in both demeanor on the sideline, and the subtle jabs he makes at his players in the post-game conference. Specifically the Shaq comment. He's old school.

I personally like Huggins - i think he's good for the Big 12. It's nice to have some colorful, old-school coaches to stir things up a bit. Also fun to have as a fan target.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I personally like Huggins - i think he's good for the Big 12. It's nice to have some colorful, old-school coaches to stir things up a bit. Also fun to have as a fan target.

I'll give you this part. However, personally I think his "foul constantly because they can't call them all" style of play is an abomination and isn't good for the sport of basketball. It has started to take over the top end of women's basketball as well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron