Huggins' post-game press conference

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
Man, Huggins was really angry in the post-game press conference. Most of it was directed at his team, but he did whine about the no-call at the end of the game. Freaking ridiculous to whine about that after the crap calls we had to deal with all night on our own court. I have never like Huggins and it is great to see him coaching a team that is struggling so much.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
I hope we go to their place and blow them out, like it looked like was going to happen tonight. Then lets see what Huggy has to say after the game.

TurbulentEddie

Nov 16, 2012
Madison, WI
He is such a crybaby all game long. He would discuss every call against him with the refs extensively...
There were some people behind me complaining about Hoiberg not arguing with the refs about a couple of the ticky-tack (maybe non) fouls called on ISU. I'm just thinking that when Hoiberg does blow his top, hopefully he is saving it for a time where it really matters, just so it contrasts well with his usual manner.

But he'll still probably get T'd because refs DGAF.

Last edited:

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
I think Fred ALWAYS keeps his composure on purpose, to protect his heart. When he even mentions a call to the refs, the refs should just know they screwed up.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
He is such a crybaby all game long. He would discuss every call against him with the refs extensively...
It wasn't his complaints about the fouls, he was ******** cause they wouldn't give him any aspirin. He and his staff were out late last night at WESTTOWN PUB AND GRILL. hE GOT BLIND DRUNK, WAS SMOKING CIGARETTES IN THE BAR. THE BAR STAFF KEPT TAKING THEM AWAY FROM HIM AND quote THUGGINS...JUST GIVE ME THE TICKET, I GOT LOTS OF MONEY...quote. I am suprised he didn't get a public intox. TRUE STORY HE HAD A HANGOVER AND IT SHOWED ON HIS FACE.

He is just a GREAT representative for West Virginia, where DNA is never checked in a murder investigation, cause they're all related.

Last edited:

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I think Fred ALWAYS keeps his composure on purpose, to protect his heart. When he even mentions a call to the refs, the refs should just know they screwed up.

He made a comment several years ago in MN that no game or play is worth what could happen to his heart.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Huggins pulled the same crap when he was at KSU. Martin continued the tradition. Beat the snot out of the other team and whine about every call against themselves.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Maybe Huggy Bear should watch the Jordan-esque pushoff by his guy to tie it. Or the bs four fouls we got in about 10 seconds. Hope he did enough to get fined.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Huggins you say? Everytime I hear his name just wonder if any of his kids will graduate. Always disliked him. But not a big deal since he is almost irrelevant at this point. Hope they struggle until he inevitably leaves.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Maybe Huggy Bear should watch the Jordan-esque pushoff by his guy to tie it. Or the bs four fouls we got in about 10 seconds. Hope he did enough to get fined.

Yeah...on replays it looked like Korie might have been trying to get an Oscar nomination by flopping, but if they didn't call something on that play they can't call the contact at the end of the game there either.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Huggins you say? Everytime I hear his name just wonder if any of his kids will graduate. Always disliked him. But not a big deal since he is almost irrelevant at this point. Hope they struggle until he inevitably leaves.

What do you mean he has a perfect graduation rate.

Of 0.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Lucious flopped at the end, pretty obvious. But, the refs called a couple flops for WV, so that was frustrating.

I do not know of very many refs that would call a foul on a game winning half court heave. As long as the defender is straight up, there will never be a foul.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Babb was straight up on the last play. Atleast that's what I saw.

Yep, that's one of those "let the players decide the outcome" type of things. Good no call. The guy did kind of fall into Babb's leg (was it stuck out by Babb, not sure?). On the other hand, they way they called three straight off ball fouls against us, I wouldn't have been shocked if they blew the whistle.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron