Huge NCAA MBB News: Beilein to Cavs

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
It won't happen. If Prohm wasn't interested in going back to his alma mater, I'd be surprised if he leaves for this.

If it did happen, TJ would be Pollards first call, and UNLV would lose another coach before they coached a game there, which would be hilarious.
Bama and Michigan are not comparable programs. If Michigan calls he would be an idiot not to answer.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
It won't happen. If Prohm wasn't interested in going back to his alma mater, I'd be surprised if he leaves for this.

If it did happen, TJ would be Pollards first call, and UNLV would lose another coach before they coached a game there, which would be hilarious.

So you’re saying we will be playing for a National Championship in three years?

Go Blue

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Bama and Michigan are not comparable programs. If Michigan calls he would be an idiot not to answer.

True, from an overall College basketball aspect but not necessarily as a fit for Prohm who attended Bama and has southern roots (not a lot of recruiting or coaching connections in the Big 10 or Michigan). They would have paid the similar to UofM and the draw to "go home" is on par if not more for Alabama to Michigan for Prohm specifically. He didn't even seriously consider that move in the spring.

Beilien has built Michigan into a success but before he arrived they were in an extended down period and are far from a blue blood. Michigan hasn't gotten 5 stars with Beilien rather develop, (MSU does in the same state) and loses their top 4 players from last year. Just because it is UM doesn't mean it is a slam dunk situation that anyone can succeed. There is ability for a coach to go there and fail.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Vitale talked to beard and beard said it “would take a very special situation” to make him move from his current job. I don’t think he’d go to michigan but he’s leaving himself some room. For what it’s worth I’d appreciate that over a coach that talks about it being his “dream job” or “wanting to finish my career here”.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/.../michigan-basketball-juwan-howard/3766856002/

Editor's note: Juwan Howard has agreed to become the new coach at Michigan.
Howard, 47, has agreed to a five-year deal.

Manuel moved through the first week of the coaching search mostly having interest-level discussions with coaching representatives. Providence head coach Ed Cooley, Howard and LaVall Jordan, the former Michigan assistant and current Butler head coach, were on an interest list. Manuel also spoke with Michigan assistant coaches Saddi Washington and Luke Yaklich about the job before moving into the external interview phase.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron