Hufford comments bulletin board material for Longhorns

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Can't wait to see the quotes from UT players after the game. I guarantee they quote Hufford if they win. "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard". The issue with UT in the past is they didn't work hard. All they need is something to motivate them. Reminds me when UGA won the NC last year claiming they were disrespected. This is the way they motivate talent now...

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Which is a valid point.

ISU's ok but hasn't really done anything besides qualify as a top 86 bowl eligible team and acting like beating Texas in Ames just happens is pretty stupid. This isn't Texas from the last several trips to Ames.

Agreed. Tone on the radio seemed to be "Iowa State guy says this, who is this guy, that's funny coming from him/Iowa State, and on to the next topic".

Unnecessary and I wish he hadn't said anything but probably similar to a UNI player saying something about ISU (as an example) before the ISU-UNI game. Players see it, don't think it's a BIG thing though.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah, Texas players have seen the comments and are getting chirpy on social media. The trash talking to the media almost always backfires. I hate it and think we just gave Texas added motivation that we didn't need to give them
That motivation last 1-2 plays at best.

Reactions: Cyclonsin

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron