Howard Brown up 20+ lbs?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think that was a big problem on the CPR years. He didn't have the depth to rotate players so the team would start wearing down midway through the 3rd quarter and then the 4th was just a mess.
You could see from day one that CMC was working on creating real depth.

Serious question. Is it ever counterproductive to have these guys burn so much energy running on and off the field? Sometimes, it seems like the big guys are really working at it.

Last edited:

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls
Serious question. Is it ever counterproductive to have these guys burn running on and off the field? Sometimes, it seems like the big guys are really working at it.
Nah, not an issue. What is more physically demanding:

A. Running 30 or 40 yards in 5 or 6 seconds
B. Trying to move and/or not be moved by a non-compliant 300 pound athlete for 3 to 5 seconds

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
There’s no freshman I want to see get significant snaps more than Howard Brown this year.

Reactions: Kaner04

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
He's already on campus. Brown's athleticism will get him some reps this fall. Eli gave him a glowing review. The NT rotation will be Lee, Singleton, Brown with Uwazurike occasionally filling in.

Will McDonald finally in the 240-245 range is right where we want him. Adding muscle without sacrificing speed and agility. Can't wait to see an updated roster!
If Will McDonald gains that the extra muscle and maintain his speed off the edge... pray for opposing tackles of the Big 12.

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
There’s no freshman I want to see get significant snaps more than Howard Brown this year.
I think Jaylin Noel is gonna be primed to have a lot of snaps this year too