How many yards does Peterson get?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
You guys are the biggest bunch of pessimists. It is just funny looking at all the threads that you spend your time on just to post another negative punch at your own team. You seriously don't see the kind of offensive players that we have and where if we can just put things together in one game that we could really start to make things happen. I agree that in past games so far this year there have been mistakes, but it isn't for lack of talent and all of these problems seem fixable. How about just a little optimism left in this season. Our players, coaches and fans need it!!!

Cy Heavy

Aug 29, 2006
Ankeny
Does anybody else find it distrubing that we have already given up 23 sacks?!? Were on pace for 46 sacks and last year we had 37. And this is supposed to be an improved O-line with 4 senior starters?!? Wow, thanks cotton.

I'd say more like shocked-this is a large reason for our dismal offensive performance this year. If we have problems blocking the likes of UNI, Toledo and UNLV, OU will be a nightmare. My expectations for this line right now-I'd be happy if we have positive yards rushing and everyone makes it out of Norman w/o serious injuries.

MWITT-stop apologizing for the O line. With the size and experience we have there is no reason our backs should have an average of less than 100 yards rushing/game and for Meyer to be sacked 23 times is just stupid. Of course it counts when he slipped-why did he slip? Because he has three linemen nibbling on his cornrows when he drops back to pass. My God, if Rosenfels or Bandhauer were the QB now rather than Bret we'd probably have close to 30 sacks right now.

This O-line has been a massive disappointment and to suggest otherwise is to "smoke the happy stuff"

Last edited:

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
You guys are the biggest bunch of pessimists. It is just funny looking at all the threads that you spend your time on just to post another negative punch at your own team. You seriously don't see the kind of offensive players that we have and where if we can just put things together in one game that we could really start to make things happen. I agree that in past games so far this year there have been mistakes, but it isn't for lack of talent and all of these problems seem fixable. How about just a little optimism left in this season. Our players, coaches and fans need it!!!

I'm just being realistic. This team hasn't shown anything yet. We have had one good half against Iowa and besides that, well.. We are lucky to be 3-3 at this point. I hope we win out (or at least making a bowl) but I just don't see it happening.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
CyForPres, I understand where you're coming from... but predicting AP rushes on us for 300 yards is just stupid. I'm a little too lazy to go back and see who said that, but seriously, at least be realistic.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I said 264. But when you think about AP rushing for over 200 yards against a very good oregon team, it just makes you wonder what he will do to ISU's defense. Plus the fact that his dad will be there to watch him for the first time and the fact that its the week after Texas, things look pretty bad. I'm just not going get my hopes up for the rest of season. I've learned my leason these last two years.

jgooder

Apr 13, 2006
Michigan
AP will have well under 200 yards, but only because Stoops will treat this as a scrimmage to improve his passing game once the game is out of reach. Most coaches would run the game out, but not Stoops. Does anyone remember the fake punt call back in 2002 when we were down by 15 TD's?

To be honest, I really try to shake the pessimism... but it's been 12 years of the same disappointments. Except for 2000, ever season has been a disappointment. The first Iowa win was special too, but I'm not going there anymore.

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
I say 350 because I told some OU buddies that ISU would score 21 points so I think AP might get enough touches to do that; it wouldn't surprise one bit after seeing Jamaal Charles slice thru our D like butter even when we knew he was getting the ball.