How Many Wins/Loses Left

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
The Volleyball team visits surging TCU on Saturday 11/7. I fear we are in for a rough end of the season and see at least three loses (TCU, Texas and Colorado State) and possibly a fourth. Do we end strong like last year and hit the NCAA with a good headwind or fizzle out?

Sat, Nov 07 TCU * - - Fort Worth, Texas 12:00 p.m.
Wed, Nov 11 West Virginia * - - Morgantown, W.Va. 5:00 p.m.
WVUsports.com
Sat, Nov 14 Texas * - - Ames, Iowa TBA
Cyclones.tv
spacer.gif
Wed, Nov 18 Kansas State * - - Manhattan, Kan. 7:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov 21 Texas Tech * - - Lubbock, Texas 3:00 p.m.
Tue, Nov 24 Baylor * - - Ames, Iowa 6:30 p.m.
Cyclones.tv
spacer.gif
Sat, Nov 28 Colorado State - - Fort Collins, Colo. 2:00 p.m.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well established I don't know crap about volleyball since Boxster just dumb fan, so I don't know.

At this point wondering where we might play in NCAA's. Minnesota and Nebrasa are locks to host and Wisconsin is a probable so what do people think of our chances of playing in the midwest? Would love to have them in Mpls again so I could attend.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Wow, TCU just swept Texas in Fort Worth. I would have penciled that in as a probable win, but am re-thinking that now. Maybe they got "it" out of their system and won't be so lights-out when ISU plays them. I see anywhere from 4-6 wins in these last few matches, depending on which team shows up. If Christy keeps them motivated, they can pull off 6 wins. If the energy level keeps dipping, 4.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I'm saying 5 wins. I think we win at TCU, as we need the resume bump. We don't match up with UT well. I worry about going to KSU for some reason?

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I'm saying 5 wins. I think we win at TCU, as we need the resume bump. We don't match up with UT well. I worry about going to KSU for some reason?
I like your optimism. But beating TCU twice especially with the second at Fort Worth is doable, but to me not likely with their recent strong showing. If we win five then that would be a great finish and I definite would look forward to the NCAA's.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
By the way we play at a very strong program in Colorado State. Hyped or not, the altitude does mess with the players' heads. This will be very tall order to beat them at Fort Collins.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ooooh, ISU takes first set from TCU 25-19. :smile:

Down 11-8 and via stats look to be struggling some in the 2nd.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I don't know what it is when we bring Nat in off the bench, but I'd like to bottle it and sell it.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Those service aces at the end of the second really helped. They have a big crowd there. It looks capacity. We've taken the air out of that some. I would have been very surprised before the match if you would have told me we'd be outblocking them.

Samara is really having her way with the quick set. She just needs to react quicker on the block.

Vondrak with the hair up, and a yellow headband, kind of a new look.

Jill Kramer, still looks like the chic at closing time that hasn't partnered up yet? Pretty rough. Maybe it's the hair? I can't take her serious. Thank you Christy for looking professional.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
At 16-13 in the third, that may be the volley of the year for us!!

Great win!! Good job ladies. This can propel us to big results, I hope. We looked great. Played our taller players around on back line a lot. Vondrak serving more?

Last edited:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
that was a big game for us. Great win and we did it even with Schaben getting pretty well neutralized. Good to see the middles get involved more.

Cysister

Mar 18, 2008
Dubuque, IA
Great road win today but I am concerned about Berta's injury. Her wrist looked to be in a cast today. We will miss her serving and defense.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I wonder if Schaben has been sick. She was coughing a lot a couple weeks ago. Not 100%, maybe. She didn't play much after late in the 2nd.

What is the extent of Berta's injury. Horner served pretty well. That's why I guess.

Last edited:

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Horner and Phillips could probably fill in nicely for Berta, but let's hope Schaben is okay, that would be a big loss.