How many transfers to Iowa State under Hoiberg?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
First of all I'm an Iowa fan and this question is not meant as a troll or flame. I seriously want to know. I also feel that it has worked out great for ISU and if it isn't broken why fix it and if talented transfers want to come to ISU then why not take them. I wish Iowa could get in on similar players like Kane and White.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
First of all I'm an Iowa fan and this question is not meant as a troll or flame. I seriously want to know. I also feel that it has worked out great for ISU and if it isn't broken why fix it and if talented transfers want to come to ISU then why not take them. I wish Iowa could get in on similar players like Kane and White.

And you just happened to become curious about it this morning...

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

How many gingers under McCaffrey?

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Dejean-Jones
Nader
McKay
Kane
Clyburn
Babb
McGee
Luscious
Allen
White
Christopherson

I know I'm missing at least one

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Overall, I feel like this has worked out very well for ISU. Eventually we were bound for there to be some trouble, because any time you take a dozen or so college athletes there will be a couple of fairly minor problems over the span of 4 years.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

still less trouble combined with Iowa state transfers than Peter Jok.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
A ton of them his second year to make up for the McD years when players were transferring out left and right, then 1-2 since.

Since that first year lots of programs have taken as many or more transfers as ISU, heck Iowa's probably offered as many transfers and jucos since then. The reason ISU sticks out even after that big class of transfers is that ours are very high impact players generally.

McKay is technically a transfer but this will be his first basketball since playing JUCO. The big misconception is that players come here when they are in trouble. Clyburn came here because Utah sucked at the time. Chris Babb came here because Penn State sucked. Lots of the players are model citizens/students/teamates and they transfer because they see the program they are at is going down the tubes like the Lickliter/McDermott years were here.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don't quite recall...how many games was Jok suspended for his serious misdemeanor conviction?

that would be 0 for two arrests and 4 days in jail

Like I said, if it was another team I'd care. I really don't care if Fred suspends him or not for this one. Our opponent would not if they don't even suspend a bench player vs some scrub teams.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Dejean-Jones
Nader
McKay
Kane
Clyburn
Babb
McGee
Luscious
Allen
White
Christopherson

I know I'm missing at least one

Christopherson transferred sat out and played a year under McDermott. McGee was a JUCO.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

I'm going to answer this question with a question.

Help Support Us

Become a patron