How many planes did we fill for Alamo last year

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

aeroclone08

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Wichita, KS
Hearing that the team will use a 747 again this year.

I would think the players, coaches, and staff would be around 150 people maybe? Coaches family, AD staff and family might be another 100. Who else would fly with the team to the bowl game to fill the other 150 seats?

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
How about a cargo plane? Can we fill a cargo plane and parachute a bunch of cardianal and gold fans into Orlando? That would be awesome. Save some money and literally invade the city.
What about a supertanker that they use to put out wildfires full of Busch Light?

• Creative
Reactions: Cycsk

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I would think the players, coaches, and staff would be around 150 people maybe? Coaches family, AD staff and family might be another 100. Who else would fly with the team to the bowl game to fill the other 150 seats?
Spirit squad, full support staff (managers and trainers) and possibly some donors. Last year I heard it was full.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009

Managers, equipment guys, trainers, and all their families. I think for a bowl game you can take more players than your normal travel squad - maybe @isufbcurt can confirm this or correct me?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

130+ players
Coaching staff, and families
Senior department staff, and families
Ancillary department staff (equipment/managers, training, ticket office, marketing, communications, football office, etc.), some with families

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Air Force One has landed there multiple times.

I saw Air Force Two parked over by the Air Guard facilities a time or two ago back at DSM. Even a 757 like that is fairly large for Des Moines. I saw Trump Force One parked at LGA the last time in NYC, as well (the private one).

Reactions: aauummm

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I saw Air Force Two parked over by the Air Guard facilities a time or two ago back at DSM. Even a 757 like that is fairly large for Des Moines. I saw Trump Force One parked at LGA the last time in NYC, as well (the private one).
DSM gets at least one 757 per day with either Fedex or UPS. United used to bring them in regularly for passenger service back in the late 90s/early 2000s. They regularly have 767s come in with UPS. 747s come in about 5 times per year for military charters, cargo flights or taking the boys to a bowl game. The airport even had a Japan Airlines 787 this past spring that brought in fans from Japan for the Principal Chairity classic. Technically, the airports can accommodate up to a 747. Because of taxiway restraints, the A380 would not be able to land on the airfield.