Horton-Tucker selected to attend USA U18 training camp

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
Isn’t Patty McCaffrey supposed to be there too? Didn’t see tall skinny white kid anywhere in the background. Maybe he hasn’t been allowed on the floor yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Funny
Reactions: sadam

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Every cbb reporter is gushing over him on Twitter. Gonna be fun to follow THT and team USA this summer. No way he isn’t making this team.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
6'3" without shoes can be 6'5" with shoes. Last I checked they don't play barefoot.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I'm not buying that 6'3". I think he's taller than that. Unless his soles are really thick.

I think the disconnect is that you're comparing him to other players who likely measure with their shoes on and round up. For instance, Jacobson woudln't be 6'9" and Wigginton wouldn't be 6'2" measured that same way.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
6'3" 240 with a 7'1" reach and a 36" vert. Don't think there should be any concerns about him being physically ready to compete at the collegiate level.

I don't want to bring Iowa into this, but I can't help but chuckle about how par for the course it is that Pat McCaffery has a negative score in the wingspan category.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
I have been incredibly impressed with a lot of THT's videos, but maybe his best attribute is that he seems to have that incredible fire and drive that the very best competitors and winners possess. He's won at every level and he always seems to be playing hard / taking things seriously.

He may not have the most elite physical tools and gifts (as in, the elite physical attributes that the very best of the NBA have) but I wouldn't be surprised if his desire, hunger and attitude are unsurpassed by others. It is really exciting to have a guy like him join the program. Seems to be a WINNER.