Horrible Announcing

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida
Did anybody pay attention to how many things were messed up during the telecast today. They had Taufouu's picture on the screen when "Mike Branson" was punting. They mixed up James Smith and Sed Johnson the entire first half (both wear #2). They said Tiller was a redshirt freshman from San Diego. Also, one of the announcers said "despite the Cyclones success, it hasn't translated into momentum in recruiting." I literally muted the game at the 4 minute mark of the 2nd quarter so I don't know what else I missed. NO RESPECT!!!

I tried to go with the webcast audio but the delay was so bad they were about a play behind. I listenend to the TV announcers most of the game. They were VERY complimentary of Paul Rhoads and gave a lot of special attention to Jesse Smith - gave him a lot of praise. I thought the announcers treated us well.

minnclone99

Nov 22, 2006
Rompots
I heard this too. It just had a feeling of "Teacher! Teacher! Look what he did!". Pretty dumb. I'm glad it didn't turn out to be a penalty.

Announcers love saying "horse collar."

These guys were a couple of serious dbags, but what do you expect. Nebraska is a brand and we're not. We can only hope that someday the announcers will be falling over themselves over what a privilege it is to play at JTS.

Keep on winning and we'll get the A team guys like Musberger....ERR oh wait.

Ace000087

Jun 10, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
www.f35.com
The announcers aren't responsible for the graphics that are put on the screen, but I did think that Brandter had spent some time in the tanning booth. They said Tiller was from San Antonio, not San Diego. I don't know if that's right, but thats what they said.

They said San Diego once during the game, and said San Antonio before the game started.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
The color announcer is horrible. I had to look him up and see if he was a Nebby graduate or not. Theyve done many ISU games in the past. He is bad, as is the side line ******.

He's the worst knowitall in all of CFB. But apparently he knows little. I wish the radio and TV could be timed right to listen to Eric and John with the TV.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
The one sounded like a young John Madden........which made me want to box my own ears in.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
The announcers aren't responsible for the graphics that are put on the screen, but I did think that Brandter had spent some time in the tanning booth. They said Tiller was from San Antonio, not San Diego. I don't know if that's right, but thats what they said.
If your not sure then why post. Tiller is from San Antonio, and like most your posts, is uninformed. Head on back to the Squawk boards if you want to keep posting dribble.

rbrook

Mar 23, 2006
Newton, IA
Visit site
I tried to go with the webcast audio but the delay was so bad they were about a play behind. I listenend to the TV announcers most of the game. They were VERY complimentary of Paul Rhoads and gave a lot of special attention to Jesse Smith - gave him a lot of praise. I thought the announcers treated us well.

Since I have a DVR, I rewind the game a little and try and get it to sync with the web cast. The only problem I have is when the radio is ahead of the TV. It is a little weird hearing what happened and then seeing it happen. Especially with basketball.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Yeah I thought they were bad one sided and mistake riddled until I watched CBS college football scoreboard or w/e and the called us the hawkeyes twice until they finally corrected themselves. How are you that dumb with Iowa sports teams. Hawkeyes in big 10, Cyclones in big 12. Is it that hard to get ppl to do basic research to understand college football. I know ppl make mistakes but ppl seem to do it way too frequently. I guarantee I know more about college football than a lot of the guys and teams, I know that Middle Tennessee State are the Blue Raiders and the Trojans are from USC as well as Troy. Either learn the name our the team your reporting on or don't report it. It's just pathetically disrespectful.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I'll take TV with poor announcers over no TV at all anytime.

This is an excellent point. There are several threads already complaining that next week's game won't be on TV. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron