Hope for the rest of the season?

klerme

Apr 11, 2006
Right now, Baylor would be in 1st place in the North Division after playing, and beating, 3 of the remaining 4 teams on our schedule. I find that both disheartening about the state of the North division, but positive in that it provides the last glimmer of hope for this team.

I think everything has been said about Mac, the coaching staff, and the player's performance through numerous threads. In reality, no change will occur until after the season and I still take pride in ISU and would like to see the team end the season playing with the pride that should be expected.

Will we have pride as a team knowing what remains (including a chance to go to a bowl), or will we continue to just play out the string as kids collect their free education and coaches collect paychecks? For me, I really want to be at the Missouri game with something positive to hold onto leading up to it. The hope for the rest of the season lies in the question of - Can we be as good as Baylor, a team with similar budget and similar or less talent level? (Yes, I realize we choked against them last year, but remember, they lost to A&M while we destroyed them). If we can't, I don't think anyone has to worry about JP's decision.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
We all expect our players to represent the school with pride and show character in this situation. They need to go out every week for the rest of the season, show that they have the marbles to play in this league, and leave it all on the field.

I'll be there in the cold for the Kansas and Missouri games to cheer them on.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
Let's go 'Clones! I really don't want only 2 northern division schools to get to a bowl, 3 out of your last 4 are very winnable games. I'll be pulling for ya :biggrin9gp:

isumellie

May 18, 2006
Waukee, IA
This year has been such an emotional rollercoaster. Way to close wins in the beginning and then disapointing losses now. I am just looking to survive through the rest of the season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron