Honestly, I wish we had more educated fans

Sighclone Fan

Jan 19, 2008
After my fourth year and final year of going to football games in the student section, I expirienced a common theme of being surrounded by obnoxious isu fans who don't know what the hell they're talking about.
How many times this year did you hear someone by you scream how bad our players and coaches are after one bad play. I just felt like people who don't know much about football resort to yelling and cursing other than analyzing what's actually going on.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
After my fourth year and final year of going to football games in the student section, I expirienced a common theme of being surrounded by obnoxious isu fans who don't know what the hell they're talking about.
How many times this year did you hear someone by you scream how bad our players and coaches are after one bad play. I just felt like people who don't know much about football resort to yelling and cursing other than analyzing what's actually going on.

Its not in the student section. Its everywhere. Also, its not just at ISU.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
My (least) favorite are the people who boo and curse the refs after an obvious penalty on one of our guys. Be realistic, people.

Sighclone Fan

Jan 19, 2008
My (least) favorite are the people who boo and curse the refs after an obvious penalty on one of our guys. Be realistic, people.

yeah like every time we run into there punter and we get a roughing call, everybody in the student section goes nuts like it's never supposed to called.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Its not in the student section. Its everywhere. Also, its not just at ISU.

the worst section for this, at any school, will likely be the student section. Too little knowledge and too much alcohol.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I sat with my dad during the first and part of the second quarters of the Utah game. When things started going downhill everyone started blaming the refs and such. I pointed out to them that Utah was a far better team and was much more athletic than us...that didn't go over so well and everyone around us wouldn't talk to me and thought I was crazy.

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
There is a group of people behind me that are so bad they make me hate my gameday experience almost every game. They seem to know very little about football and the said thing is they are coaching youth football.

1. ISU blocks a field goal - "Go guys pick up the ball the other team can pick it up and score" yeah that is what Leon Lett thought too.
2. ISU was flagged for pass interference - "Come on ref review that call"
3. Darks drops a pass that was an easy catch "Come on Arnaud!" Like Arnuad was the one that dropped the pass.
4. When ISU was running the hurry up offense against MU "Arnaud was never able to run the offense this fast"

I had to bite my tongue so many times so I wouldn't call them idiots. I just feel really bad for those kids they are coaching.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
There is a group of people behind me that are so bad they make me hate my gameday experience almost every game. They seem to know very little about football and the said thing is they are coaching youth football.

1. ISU blocks a field goal - "Go guys pick up the ball the other team can pick it up and score" yeah that is what Leon Lett thought too.
3. Darks drops a pass that was an easy catch "Come on Arnaud!" Like Arnuad was the one that dropped the pass.
4. When ISU was running the hurry up offense against MU "Arnaud was never able to run the offense this fast"

I had to bite my tongue so many times so I wouldn't call them idiots. I just feel really bad for those kids they are coaching.

Are you sure you didn't hear #3 on Cyclone Fantatic. :wink:

It is annoying for our own fans when other fans feel the need to "be an expert" for everyone in the section, especially when they don't know anything.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009

I also like the ones who boo calls they didn't even see, like holding or other calls away from the ball.

Or, the ones who boo a replay after their team has a positive play.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Not so much uneducated but annoying. The middle age guy that stands up pumping his arms in the air telling everyone else to stand up.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE

I hear stuff like that all the time in my section. The guy in front of me is always so stressed out by the bad plays. I predicted that we'd give Nebraska the wind after halftime since they weren't passing the ball and we'd need the wind in the 4th quarter since we were the ones who needed to pass it. Sure enough, that's what we did and you'd have thought that guy's house got robbed or something. "Worst call ever" and "Dumbest coaching move" and such... CPR was right to do it in that situation, and but for a couple of bad executed plays it would have won it for us. Football sometimes calls for unconventional choices. :yes:

labontefan31

Oct 20, 2009
Ames/Monticello, IA
My favorite comment was during the Mizzou game this year, a guy next to me started chanting "Put In Tiller" after a bad pass. I almost had to punch him for not knowing who was already playing.

Chizit

Dec 21, 2008
Section L, Row 11
I sat in front of a teenager at the Utah game who thought he knew everything. He had a comment for everything that happened. Nobody around us was even paying attention to him, his family wasn't even talking to him. I wanted to turn around around and say something that would shut him up, but I voted against it. Left at halftime of that game anyways.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Not so much uneducated but annoying. The middle age guy that stands up pumping his arms in the air telling everyone else to stand up.

Yeah, because no one ever stands up at a football game during critical moments (3rd downs, 4th quarter, close game, etc) and tries to get other people into it. What in the world are they thinking. :confused:

I wish we had more people standing up pumping their arms in the air trying to get everyone else in it.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

He is probably annoyed by people who don't stand up and make noise. He shouldn't have to tell you to stand up and make noise.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron