Hometown Pride and Sportsmanshp

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Even though I've moved , I have to brag on my hometown when they do something like this:

Below is a post from Clarksville football Facebook page:

As coaches, we always talk about sportsmanship. Tonight, we saw small town Iowa at its best. During the fourth quarter of the game, victory at hand, the Riceville Wildcats called a timeout. The purpose of the timeout wasn’t to secure a shutout or to stop a drive. It was to honor our rotating Captain, Seth Lane. After the timeout, Seth scored on a 20-yard touchdown run and the ensuing two-point conversion. I cannot explain the respect that I have for the players and coaches from Riceville after tonight. They made a student-athlete very happy and gave him a memory he will never forget.

Great Sportsmanship Wildcats--Proud to always be one!!

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I remember lining up as a freshman against a 260lb senior center from Clarksville with a full grown beard. I about crapped myself and didn't get close to the QB all night. The next week it was Parkersburg and was happy to no longer be the starter.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
This sounds insensitive and I don't mean it to... but what's so special about Seth? Does he have a disability? Making a comeback from an accident or illness? Why was he being honored?

I have done some asking around but, none of the people I stay in tough with seem to know what Seth's story is. I'd like to know myself, however, guess it doesn't really matter. I'm just proud and happy that Riceville gave him his moment!!!

Help Support Us

Become a patron