Holy low priced HD Nintendos Batman!

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Found this deal online and it ends in 8 hours(tonight). Great Christmas present for someone you might know. https://flash.newegg.com/Product/N8...VE7jACh3zkA6GEAYYASABEgJqN_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Top loading Nintendo system with HDMI output. I own a couple already which I bought to use for Tecmo Bowl tournaments, but I had to shell out $40. This is listing in the link it at $22.99. I purchased a few more today.

My experiences with Hyperkin products have been great so far. If you have some old 8-bit Nintendo carts laying around, but no working system to play them on, this is for you. Ive been running it on a newer 4K samsung TV. It upscales the picture to 720 resolution...so you get nice sharp pixelated characters. ;)

The Cons? The color and sounds are a bit off from the original NES hardware, but for 23 bucks, this is a deal. I do have an older HDTV out in the garage that played the video from the Hyperkin, but would not play the audio. Played Audio/Video with the Nes classic mini though...must be a tech issue. I got a cheap HDMI splitter from the Hyperkin and sent the audio that way into a sound bar for use in the garage.

Hyperkin deals with returns/repairs directly, so register the item as soon as you get it.
It comes with 1 controller that is solid, and not like the cheap knock off ones on ebay. You can also use an original NES controller with this system as well.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
One of my friends got one of these. Played the heck out of it and by the end of the week it stopped working. Said the power light would come on but no sound or picture would come on. Not sure what he ended up doing to resolve the situation but he was definitely getting frustrated with trying to get something worked out with customer service. Not sure if he just got a bad one or if its a bigger issue with them. But he said he was hooked for that entire week it was working.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I'm holding out for an analogue nt mini...

Haven't talked myself into buying that one @ $500. That is also an emulator as well right?
If I played a lot of retro video games then it would be an easier sell for me.

I went with the Retro USB AVS for $185 instead. It's a solid upgrade over the HD Hyperkin/Gamerztek units, and more importantly the ability to play a flash cart. We have a custom Tecmo Bowl rom thats our holy grail, and I've been wanting to get that in HD. I used a game cube as an emulator for years for the custom roms. In a few years, my son can have the GC.

• Informative
Reactions: tim_redd

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
One of my friends got one of these. Played the heck out of it and by the end of the week it stopped working. Said the power light would come on but no sound or picture would come on. Not sure what he ended up doing to resolve the situation but he was definitely getting frustrated with trying to get something worked out with customer service. Not sure if he just got a bad one or if its a bigger issue with them. But he said he was hooked for that entire week it was working.

I've put many hours on mine. I had an issue with one of them and always received very quick responses via email from their service team. They come with a 1 year warranty, but I was told by their staff to get it registered asap upon receiving it.

Hyperkin was a big sponsor of the Madison Tecmo Super Bowl tourney. They provided tons of their standard def units for that tourney. That tourney had over 300 players, so they needed a lot of systems. I'll have to ask the guy that runs it just how many they provided. Point being Hyperkin isn't a fly by night sort of company.

Reactions: ISU_Clone_28

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron