Holgorsen potentially to Houston?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Do you suppose the time as an Iowa HS coach not far from Iowa City and then coaching at Iowa Wesleyan made him slightly tavern hawk and that was another part of his crying about us being unprofessional?

EDIT: I saw Mt Pleasant HS and Iowa Wesleyan and assumed he coached there. Did not realize that is where he is from. Probably a tavern hawk all they way.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
EDIT: I saw Mt Pleasant HS and Iowa Wesleyan and assumed he coached there. Did not realize that is where he is from. Probably a tavern hawk all they way.

I attended a football clinic at Iowa Wesleyan when this all started. We were there the season they were going to play what is now Truman State, then NEMU out of Kirksville. We thought they were all complete nuts and Truman would crush them. Boy were we wrong.

The one thing that I brought back was getting my lineman into a 2 point stance. The head coach thought I was crazy, but I told him "we will struggle to block people out of a 3 point, this will give us a extra half second." It worked just like the IW coaches said it would.

Sometimes, but rarely you are around greatness, but its up to you to recognize it. Leech, and the others were well before their time, right here in little old Iowa.

Reactions: Althetuna
D

Deleted member 8507

I attended a football clinic at Iowa Wesleyan when this all started. We were there the season they were going to play what is now Truman State, then NEMU out of Kirksville. We thought they were all complete nuts and Truman would crush them. Boy were we wrong.

The one thing that I brought back was getting my lineman into a 2 point stance. The head coach thought I was crazy, but I told him "we will struggle to block people out of a 3 point, this will give us a extra half second." It worked just like the IW coaches said it would.

Sometimes, but rarely you are around greatness, but its up to you to recognize it. Leech, and the others were well before their time, right here in little old Iowa.
I read a book recently about Hal Mumme and Mike Leach and it is pretty good. The Perfect Pass: American Genius and the Reinvention of Football.
They cover from 3-4 years before IW to Hal at Kentucky. It was incredible what they did. Holgorsen is mentioned as a player in the book.