SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
DH sure doesn’t seem like he wants to be at WVU so wouldn’t be surprised

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
That's be a pretty bold career move for Dana. Leave WVU hanging into a rebuilding year to downgrade to HOU... Possibly take a pay cut or stay relatively even to do so... I'd assume his long game is to land another, better P5 job by means of bringing HOU out of the crater Applewhite created?

My understanding is that their fanbase is torn on him, some want him gone and others don't. Probably wouldn't be a huge meltdown if he left.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
McD left in part because he knew it was time. He was awful at ISU and Holgy isn’t that awful at WV. He seems to sniff a lot though.
He’s quirky so a lot of schools aren’t great fits for him.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby and Lineup

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
WV is a ******** state. If he doesn’t have any ties to the state then why wouldn’t he leave for the same money?

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Sounds like Holgerson's payout to WVU drops on Jan. 1 so maybe waiting until then. Just seems an odd move given he has 3 years left and has been relatively successful.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...-major-applewhite-fired-houston-west-virginia

I guess he'd like the recruiting base more there, but that's a tough ego thing for WVU isn't it? I'd be pretty unhappy if Houston took Campbell, hah.
I think there is some fatigue in that fanbase with Dana. Not sure who is on their short list if he left.

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I certainly wouldn't miss him one bit after his non professional attitude when we beat them handily in Ames. And furthermore why doesn't someone tell him to trim what little hair he's got anyway. He looks unkept!

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: CyBobby and STLISU

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Live in Morgantown or Houston? I'd probably go with Morgantown myself.

It’s not so much about how things look or smell or anything like that in WV it’s the people. Living with a bunch of hill jacks would be terrible. The second hand smoke, the dust from scratch lottery tickets thick in the air, trucks spewing black fumes on purpose, lots of opioid related theft, violence and crime.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It’s not so much about how things look or smell or anything like that in WV it’s the people. Living with a bunch of hill jacks would be terrible. The second hand smoke, the dust from scratch lottery tickets thick in the air, trucks spewing black fumes on purpose, lots of opioid related theft, violence and crime.
Ever spend any time in Houston? It's literally the armpit of Texas.