Hoks play for 7th Place in Cayman Island Classic today

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
You said he is a good shooter with 6 games to use as a sample size...

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...d-very-bad-place.226730/page-582#post-5918286

Videos I have seen of him (high school/AAU) actually do show him shooting and making 3's.

To call him a worse shooter than Woodbury is idiotic.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...d-very-bad-place.226730/page-582#post-5918296

His FT% should increase.

He shot 78% combined his junior and senior year HS.

I did a quick search on the word "shooter" posted by me and this is what I found. I dont think I ever said he was a good shooter.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
No he just can't recruit talent. Here are his recruiting rankings for his current roster:

2014 - 77th
2015 - 79th
2016 - 39th
2017 - 56th

His average is 62.5 which is laughable considering he doesn't have any transfers at all in there that aren't included in those rankings
What was the dingleberry and Gesell class ranked?
The thing for Hawk fans to worry about is that Fran's recruiting classes have been poor other than the years where there is an unusual uptick in in-state talent or his own kids. Fran's ultimate downfall will be that he stopped procreating. Plus kids of recruiting age now were in their formative years when ISU was significantly better in hoops.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What was the dingleberry and Gesell class ranked?
The thing for Hawk fans to worry about is that Fran's recruiting classes have been poor other than the years where there is an unusual uptick in in-state talent or his own kids. Fran's ultimate downfall will be that he stopped procreating. Plus kids of recruiting age now were in their formative years when ISU was significantly better in hoops.

That class was ranked 31st

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Woodbury 1.0 shot 55% from the field his senior year

And as a freshman, 48%. Thanks for confirming that I was right saying that anybody who says Woodbury was a better shooter than Garza is an idiot.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And as a freshman, 48%. Thanks for confirming that I was right saying that anybody who says Woodbury was a better shooter than Garza is an idiot.

Woodbury 1.0 also didn't face the 350th ranked SOS his whole freshman year

I honestly don't know how you said yesterday that Woodbury 2.0 was a good shooter. I'm genuinely curious your thought process on that

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Woodbury 1.0 also didn't face the 350th ranked SOS his whole freshman year

I honestly don't know how you said yesterday that Woodbury 2.0 was a good shooter. I'm genuinely curious your thought process on that

Again its mostly to irritate you like the whole BF thing.

How about we both wait until a full season is over before evaluating Garza's shooting ability and to see if Wigginton can rebound from the awful numbers he has put up thus far?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Chaminade beat Cal by 24 points.

Losing to Chaminade is fathomable. Losing by that much — wow.

In the history of Maui Invitational, how many total games has Chaminade won? The most legendary win of course was vs. Virginia in 1981, but I'm curious what overall record is. I could web-surf and find it, but I'm pre-Thanksgiving lazy at the moment.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Again its mostly to irritate you like the whole BF thing.

How about we both wait until a full season is over before evaluating Garza's shooting ability and to see if Wigginton can rebound from the awful numbers he has put up thus far?

So you're saying Iowa is a tournament team this year just to irritate me. That makes more sense

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
What does this have to do with Bohannon and Cook having monster games today against UAB and Garza putting up 14 points, 7 rebounds and 3 blocks today?

Nothing, but I didn't feel like it was thread worthy and this was the most active thread related to basketball so I posted it here.

Losing to Chaminade is fathomable. Losing by that much — wow.

In the history of Maui Invitational, how many total games has Chaminade won? The most legendary win of course was vs. Virginia in 1981, but I'm curious what overall record is. I could web-surf and find it, but I'm pre-Thanksgiving lazy at the moment.

8 now I think they said.

Another unrelated note, #5 Nova only beat Western Kentucky by 8.

• Informative
Reactions: cyclones500