Hoiberg's keys to beating Texas Tech

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
I'd rather see us win by 20+...come out on fire and never look back.

Which, if we solve the rebounding issues, should be a no-brainer.

I would much rather see us get another bad game out of our system, as long as we still win, because we can't expect to win if we don't play well versus Kansas State or Okie State

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
As much as rebounding better would help, it would be nice if some of the guys had a better night shooting, so there were just less rebounds to get. Tyrus has not shot the ball well at all the last couple games.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yep. Fred explicitly stated in his Monday conference that guards not getting a body on someone was one of the issues with rebounding in the WVU and TCU games. He also said there were some unlucky bounces in the TCU game, which although true, you usually do not hear the coach saying that.

I pointed out the bounces in the game thread. There were at least three rebounds by TCU where we had three guys there and ready and the ball went straight to their guy.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I pointed out the bounces in the game thread. There were at least three rebounds by TCU where we had three guys there and ready and the ball went straight to their guy.

I noticed that too, but there were more times we didn't do the right the thing and still got the rebound than vice versa. Had guys been in better position and gotten bodies on their man, the "bounces" wouldn't stand out.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Offensive rebounding against WVU didn't concern me too much. WVU got their O rebounds by playing Huggy ball and going through the Iowa State player or pushing them in the back and under the basket. They could have been called for at least twice as many fouls if not more on the offensive boards. The offensive rebounds at TCU were much more concerning to me.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
As much as rebounding better would help, it would be nice if some of the guys had a better night shooting, so there were just less rebounds to get. Tyrus has not shot the ball well at all the last couple games.

Fred said in his press conference on Monday that we shot over 50% from the field at TCU...

I agree, from behind the arc it's been a little chilly lately. But overall the guys are still hitting shots - just not draining threes at a rapid clip.

Bobby45

Aug 15, 2012
If We score more than 70 points we will beat TX Tech...If we score less than 70 pts we could find ourselves in big trouble.

Go Ye Mighty Cyclones.........Rip the Red Raiders !!!!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Fred said in his press conference on Monday that we shot over 50% from the field at TCU...

I agree, from behind the arc it's been a little chilly lately. But overall the guys are still hitting shots - just not draining threes at a rapid clip.

Good point, TCU does some credit though. They were well coached and did a good job getting our guys out of their comfort zone on offense. We still hit shots, it just looked different than in the past.