* Hoiberg Watch 2015: Wednesday, May 27 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Any chance Fred has legitimately not done any work since his surgery, including discussions with his agent? Maybe his agent has everything queued up and ready to go for the day he comes back and there's truly no decision yet.

Fred is smart and disciplined enough to listen to the doctors and stay away from work while he recovers.

0.15% chance this is the case.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Any chance Fred has legitimately not done any work since his surgery, including discussions with his agent? Maybe his agent has everything queued up and ready to go for the day he comes back and there's truly no decision yet.

Fred is smart and disciplined enough to listen to the doctors and stay away from work while he recovers.

Not a chance...look at this tweet from Charlie Henry the day after surgery:
https://twitter.com/Charlie_Henry_/status/591417742286172160

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Been reading about how the Bulls may not owe as much as you would think for firing Thibs because of the set-off provisions in NBA coaching contracts but if I'm Thibs and they are intentionally waiting till jobs are filled up before they fire him why not just stick it to the Bulls and not work next year or even work out some deal with the next team he works for that he makes only a small amount because the Bulls still have to pay the difference so say he signs a deal that pays way less and the Bulls still are on the hook to pick up the difference then just sign a new contract once his Bulls contract would have been up in 2 years. Just sickens me as a Bulls fan how the front office is handling this and even more baffling why Fred would want to work for a front office that has proven time and time again it can't get along with successful coaches. Players take notice of how front office runs things too, probably why the Bulls have been turned away by the top free agents every time they have a bunch of cap space in a year with a lot of talent available.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Is there a buyout of the other assistant coaches if Fred leaves?

I still think either Fred is the coach next year or Otz would be announced as new head coach shortly after Fred takes an NBA job. I just don't think Fred hires Otz back for a few months without giving him some stability. And I don't think any new coach wants his assistants picked for him.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Is there a buyout of the other assistant coaches if Fred leaves?

I still think either Fred is the coach next year or Otz would be announced as new head coach shortly after Fred takes an NBA job. I just don't think Fred hires Otz back for a few months without giving him some stability. And I don't think any new coach wants his assistants picked for him.

Hoiberg kept Otz when he came in. It would probably be in the new coach's best interest to keep some continuity in tact for recruiting purposes.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Been reading about how the Bulls may not owe as much as you would think for firing Thibs because of the set-off provisions in NBA coaching contracts but if I'm Thibs and they are intentionally waiting till jobs are filled up before they fire him why not just stick it to the Bulls and not work next year or even work out some deal with the next team he works for that he makes only a small amount because the Bulls still have to pay the difference so say he signs a deal that pays way less and the Bulls still are on the hook to pick up the difference then just sign a new contract once his Bulls contract would have been up in 2 years. Just sickens me as a Bulls fan how the front office is handling this and even more baffling why Fred would want to work for a front office that has proven time and time again it can't get along with successful coaches. Players take notice of how front office runs things too, probably why the Bulls have been turned away by the top free agents every time they have a bunch of cap space in a year with a lot of talent available.
Well, how can you be a Bulls fan since their front office is so pathetic?

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
joker-here-we-go.jpg

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/05/warming-outright-firing.html

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
So we hire Tibs at 50k over 2 years and the Bulls pick up the rest? :)

This..haha. Hiring Thibs if only for a year would put this team on a fast track to the conf title..at the least. Thibs would turn this team into a defensive and rebounding team until each player puked..coupled with the offensive skill and call me a fan. Won't happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.