Hoiberg, Iowa State love story

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Fred Hoiberg, Iowa State a true love story - College Basketball News | FOX Sports on MSN

Couple quotes that stick out

“Some people have come here and used this job as a stepping stone,â€￾ Hoiberg said last week. “This is where I want to be … I’m really happy here. I’d love to coach here for 20 years.â€￾
“I said just let me know when and where and I’m ready,â€￾ Hoiberg said. “He was up at my house in Chaska, Minn., the next day, sitting at my dining room table. We sat there for three hours. I laid out my vision for what I’d do with the program. And he hired me on the spot.â€￾

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
Fred Hoiberg, Iowa State a true love story - College Basketball News | FOX Sports on MSN

Couple quotes that stick out

“Some people have come here and used this job as a stepping stone,” Hoiberg said last week. “This is where I want to be … I’m really happy here. I’d love to coach here for 20 years.”
“I said just let me know when and where and I’m ready,” Hoiberg said. “He was up at my house in Chaska, Minn., the next day, sitting at my dining room table. We sat there for three hours. I laid out my vision for what I’d do with the program. And he hired me on the spot.”

How sweet would it have been to be a fly on the wall for that 3 hour convo? Great quotes. I think he's gonna take our program to places few would have ever imagined.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Here's to hoping it never turns into:

[video=youtube;mf-VYDI5rK0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mf-VYDI5rK0#t=60s[/video]

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
How sweet would it have been to be a fly on the wall for that 3 hour convo? Great quotes. I think he's gonna take our program to places few would have ever imagined.

Was thinking the same thing. Would've been absolutely incredible to hear the discussions he and JP had over where they would take the program and how they would do it.

Great read