Hoiberg goes off on Twitter trolls

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Matthew & Luke...yeah, they sound a lot like Leviticus...understandable error. I kind of forgot that Jesus preached in the old testament, though...
:skeptical:

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Fred hoiberg and I shared a laugh 5 years ago at twolves owners suite. He's a good guy, but he shouldn't care about words on a screen

im off to bed with a beautiful woman...... Night people,,,the sun will come up tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar

Sure you did...and sure you are...

Good night, Annie.

VAISUFAN

Mar 13, 2012
I personally think we as a society have become soft. It used to be "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." We are now at a point where everything somebody says offends someone. I agree people are mean and nasty sometimes. But don't think twitter invented that.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Matthew & Luke...yeah, they sound a lot like Leviticus...understandable error. I kind of forgot that Jesus preached in the old testament, though...
:skeptical:

Since religion has been injected in this thread I think it's pretty evident that the Bible teaches us to watch our tongues because words can have great power. I think that's basically what Fred is saying. Pretty evident Fred is very protective of his players and that's part of what makes Fred Fred and a great player's coach.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Like anything, the good can use things for good and the bad for bad.

The internet....extremely powerful. When I was a kid, if my folks didn't know an answer to a question...that was it...now, google will answer it. You can essentially get a PhD level education for free.....BUT, most people don't use it for that....we almost go backwards...we forward MISINFORMATION (like unconfirmed internet MEMES).

The whole twitter thing reminds me of this closing scene and how I wish some people follow up this way: [video=youtube;tsXKAtpLm4I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsXKAtpLm4I[/video]

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
When/if I communicate with players or coaches I always follow the rule my dad taught me. If you don't have anything good to say don't say it.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
When/if I communicate with players or coaches I always follow the rule my dad taught me. If you don't have anything good to say don't say it.

Ditto. I would add that I try to not say anything in anonymity that I am not willing to say in public.

I prefer anonymity not because I'm ashamed of what I say here & elsewhere, but because regardless of what you say, someone somewhere (right or wrong) is going to be mad at you for saying it. There are too many crazy stalker types populating the internet message boards for me to publish my name & address. I suppose if someone really wanted to track one of us down, many of us have mentioned enough personal details for a truly obsessed person to use to locate us...but I'm not going to come right out & TELL them. :)

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
The posters that say twitter has no use, stupid, and pointless, must not realize how incredibly stupid you sound saying that on a message board.

Both serve their purpose, if you don't like it/understand it, that does not mean it's stupid and pointless. Shocking you'd overlook that.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Fred hoiberg and I shared a laugh 5 years ago at twolves owners suite. He's a good guy, but he shouldn't care about words on a screen

im off to bed with a beautiful woman...... Night people,,,the sun will come up tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar

Ahhh, the old "reaching for self-credibility by tying myself to someone famous" trick. Lame.

Help Support Us

Become a patron