Hoiberg goes off on Twitter trolls

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Spam

May 21, 2008
I'm surprised more athletes (and other celebrities) don't stay off twitter more. If I was famous, I certainly wouldn't have a twitter account in a world of idiots.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
BbfTZlfCQAAZn_t.jpg:large

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
He's not wrong. I still think what McCabe did was worse though, and the local media seems to be doing a good job at distracting from that (even going to iowa state and painting the picture of 'see, they get irritated by it too').

Spam

May 21, 2008
He's not wrong. I still think what McCabe did was worse though, and the local media seems to be doing a good job at distracting from that (even going to iowa state and painting the picture of 'see, they get irritated by it too').

Why was what McCabe did wrong? He told Iowa fans to go suck a fat one. Most of us think Iowa fans should suck on fat ones.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I have a twitter account that I created a few years back to get info/follow players, etc. Got bored of the random crap so I haven't been on in forever. I know Matt T was taking some heat earlier in the season, but how much are the ISU players getting flamed? Obviously it helps to win, but I'd be curious. I'd also be in favor of some internet payback of jackwagons being dumbarses to players.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Count me in as one of those that thinks nothing good comes out of twitter for athletes...

I applaud both Fran's ban and his comments regarding the character of people who hide behind twitter accounts and launch personal attacks on kids that are probably 100x better in their chosen sports than the attackers...

Edit: yes, I know these comments were from our coach...I agree with him too!