Hoiberg at the top of Golden State's coaching wish list

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Bump.

@WojYahooNBA: Golden State has fired coach Mark Jackson, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

No surprise, they are going to go after Steve Kerr and want a shot at him before the Knicks sign him. It will be interesting to see if Jackson gets another job or goes back into broadcast.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Is there anymore overrated coach than Stan Van Gundy?

AlanStanwyk

Mar 14, 2012
I live in the Warriors' back yard and listen to local sports talk radio during the week days. The bottom line at this point is that no credible source has linked Fred to the team. He has been mentioned speculatively by talking heads, but nothing more. I think proven commodities like Stan Van Gundy and Steve Kerr would likely be targets first. The Warriors are built to win now and I think that steers a team toward proven commodities that have won before.

I just heard a caller on Papa's show mention Hoibergs name. Its a done deal now.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
What has he ever done? Went to the NBA finals once?

You mean aside from having a winning season every season as an NBA head coach?

And reaching the finals? Only 6 current head coaches have reached the finals.

The guy deserves another chance after Pat Riley forced him out so he could win another title and how Dwight Howard treated him. Stan is far from overrated.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Those closest to Fred seem to think he is not going anywhere anytime soon. Ill take what they say.
As if you are having personal conversations with "those close to Fred"... too funny. "A guy that saw him in a restaurant one time" isn't someone close to Fred.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
As if you are having personal conversations with "those close to Fred"... too funny. "A guy that saw him in a restaurant one time" isn't someone close to Fred.

Good to see you here. Kind of like a rat.

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis

I love how you spout your KU insider information in the same tone, and then come here to troll when we do the same thing. Contrarians get old real fast. We'd all appreciate you a bit more if you were less of an ******* and more benevolent to us lowly Iowans.

AlanStanwyk

Mar 14, 2012
I love how you spout your KU insider information in the same tone, and then come here to troll when we do the same thing. Contrarians get old real fast. We'd all appreciate you a bit more if you were less of an ******* and more benevolent to us lowly Iowans.

how do you really feel? Don't sugar coat it this time.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
You mean aside from having a winning season every season as an NBA head coach?

And reaching the finals? Only 6 current head coaches have reached the finals.

The guy deserves another chance after Pat Riley forced him out so he could win another title and how Dwight Howard treated him. Stan is far from overrated.

Right and thats why GMs have been breaking down his door for 10 years?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I wish he would just give info about KU, ask for info about us, but not give us his lame opinions about us. That is where he spun out and turned into the cockroach.