Hire Bobby Petrino

TensasCy

Mar 24, 2012
I agree, he would dramatically improve our offense as the head coach and then he would leave no more than a year or two later for a better opportunity. He has no loyalty like Rhoads has for ISU. We then would have to start all over again.

i still believe Rhoads is the right man for the job. He will find a new OC this off season and next year we will return to a bowl.

Didn't we start all over again this year?

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I agree, he would dramatically improve our offense as the head coach and then he would leave no more than a year or two later for a better opportunity. He has no loyalty like Rhoads has for ISU. We then would have to start all over again.

i still believe Rhoads is the right man for the job. He will find a new OC this off season and next year we will return to a bowl.

Boy, you guys have a lot of confidence that we will just magically hire an amazing OC. The truth is there are so few really good ones amd getting them to ISU is even harder. Plus, you have faith that the guy who hired Messingham will get this one right. To say this all seems ooptimistic is an understatement.

Btw, our issues are much deeper than the OC.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think some have forgotten about the last coaching search. Not many would even interview for the job. Plus CPR is towards the bottom of the pay scale as are the assistants.

There are a lot of very good assistant coaches and offensive coordinators in the MAC and other Non-BCS conferences that would love to come to ISU and make twice the money they are now. That is where the search needs to start.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Boy, you guys have a lot of confidence that we will just magically hire an amazing OC. The truth is there are so few really good ones amd getting them to ISU is even harder. Plus, you have faith that the guy who hired Messingham will get this one right. To say this all seems ooptimistic is an understatement.

Btw, our issues are much deeper than the OC.

So you are throwing the whole coaching staff under the bus? If we would have had an average offense we would have gotten much better bowl games and would be much further along. CPR is a smart guy and JP is a smart guy and hopefully they will figure out CPR doesn't know anything about offense and hire someone and hand them the keys - CPR has no input on type of offense - the only order is score points.

Help Support Us

Become a patron