Hilton Songs at Men's BB

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cy8

Apr 26, 2010
I wish every timeout a opp. calls they just play sandstorm. That song jacks me up.

I would agree with you 100%, they never play it at the right time when they play it, like kstate when we got it within 2 and they called a timeout and I think the band started playing or they played the do you feel alright song. Everyone goes along with sandstorm and continues to clap but the do you feel alright song people tend to stop clapping and sit down.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
do you feel alright song people tend to stop clapping and sit down.

People clap through that song, but they definitely sit for Zombie Nation. ZN needs to die already.

Drewsch

Jan 17, 2009
Ames
I really think that if we updated some of the "pump up" music we still could have the old people clapping along too.

If after a timeout after we went on a run and everyones getting excited play the dirty bit part from black eyed peas song the time
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwQZQygg3Lk]YouTube - Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit)[/ame]
just start around 58 seconds I think. Just something different

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
I really think that if we updated some of the "pump up" music we still could have the old people clapping along too.

If after a timeout after we went on a run and everyones getting excited play the dirty bit part from black eyed peas song the time
YouTube - Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit)
just start around 58 seconds I think. Just something different

Absolutely not, Black Eyed Peas should be outlawed... except Fergie but no audio!

Reactions: jsmith86

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
People clap through that song, but they definitely sit for Zombie Nation. ZN needs to die already.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad:

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I would agree with you 100%, they never play it at the right time when they play it, like kstate when we got it within 2 and they called a timeout and I think the band started playing or they played the do you feel alright song. Everyone goes along with sandstorm and continues to clap but the do you feel alright song people tend to stop clapping and sit down.

I did like when they played it during the KSU game though. Jaime hit a three to put us up 6 and KSU called timeout. That was maybe as loud as I had heard Hilton in awhile. Went home and watched that part on TV and it was just as awesome. The announcers basically went quiet allowing the viewer a feel of what it was like to be there.

mksmith2

Apr 30, 2010
Ames, IA
Truth be told I think the people who run the sound booth at hilton should be either ex-passionate marching band/pep band members, or like senior pep-band members or something. I know that in HS when I was drum majoring pep band, since I am passionate about my teams in sports I was choosing songs from like a list, but I would choose what song was next depending on how I thought mood needed to be carried over. (Such as get a good crowd-pumping song on a timeout after a run causes them to call a time out, or when it's down to the wire and we need to get people involved in the song...fight song, that kind of thinking. That way the band does their stuff well (hopefully) and then the songs can have the same kind of quality/effect.